World War II Europe to Release Dec 1st, 2014!!

Started by rdockal, November 02, 2014, 09:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Just curious with this new release, is there a list of changes and enhancements from their other products they released in the past?  Just trying to see how different it is.

rdockal

We have liftoff!  World War II Europe, with the first 51 scenarios, is officially released.  The folks who have purchased the game should be getting email notifications from Drop Box with a link to download the game.

Ron

Grim.Reaper

Looking forward to people's impressions and what has changed since last version....also, at what forum is this game mostly discussed, just here and wg?  I wasn't sure if there was somewhere else besides those two places.

Zulu1966

Just curious = paid my 50 bucks via paypal - I presume the link will follow at some point ?
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

rdockal

@Zulu

Please send me an email at schwerpt@wargamer.com.  You should have received the link already.

Thanks. We'll get this fixed quickly.
Ron

rdockal

@Grim.Reaper

WWIIE is very different from RGW, AGW and MDE.  A few of the differences are below:
1. New user interface.  Mouse movement over a hex displays units in the Command Panel.  Each unit is spelled out (e.g. 16th Panzer Division), its commander is displayed, and some additional information about the unit (e.g. muster point, content, nicknames etc) is displayed. A different cursor is used for ground, air and naval units.  Mouse movement over a hex with the Ctrl key depressed displays infromation about the hex (e.g. terrain, combats that have occurred, etc).
2. Reports are new.  Player can select a report on air-air, air-naval, naval-naval, air-ground, and ground-ground combats.  Reports list units involved, odds, die roll, retreats.  Other reports include out of supply units, reinforcements, destroyed units, and operations performed during Turn Deploy and Ground Move phases.
3. Map size.  AGW map has been exteneded to cover Northern Finland, Northwest Africa, and to the Ural mountains in the east.  434 x 360 hexes.
4. Move methods are simpler. Select hex, select unit, select operation, and select destination hex.  Stack moves can be done by pressing the Shift key when selecting the unit. 
5. Combat ops can be done selecting the defender hex, then selecting attack units, then selecting execute.  A Combat analysis capability is included, which allows the player to choose between just the analysis, or executing the combat (with a new die roll).
6. Player options can be stored in a config file and used every time until changed. This includes displaying calculated or uncalulated AF and DF, air unit circles, game assisted cursor moves, top unit select every time, minimize dialog boxes, disable autoscroll and increase the autoscroll rate.

That is only a few.  There are more.
Hope this helps,
Ron

Grim.Reaper

Thank you, that helps.  Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Zulu1966

Quote from: rdockal on December 01, 2014, 10:53:28 AM
@Zulu

Please send me an email at schwerpt@wargamer.com.  You should have received the link already.

Thanks. We'll get this fixed quickly.
Ron

Thanks Ron - got it in any case. Looking forward to the other scenarios
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

spelk

Good to see the game has a release! WIth the amount of scenarios available it probably was a wise choice to release what you had, and finish up the rest as people are playing it, than add another year or so development time on to the schedule. I'm sure players giving feedback can help fine tune the engine as the remaining scenarios are being created.

Ian C

What is the turn scale for the game? I also want to ask - are there any forums that have modded Schwerpunkt games? I recall seeing some unit and map work but can't remember where exactly.
Thanks.

EDIT: my partner just purchased this for me as an early Xmas gift !

magnus

Speaking of which, would the WWI mod work with WWIIE?

sandman2575

Anyone playing this?  Would love to read some impressions.  Not much out there on the internets about this game, beyond what Spelk has posted on his excellent blog.

(This game does have an AI, correct?  i.e. not just PBEM / multi-player.)

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Ubercat

I guess Schwerpunkt doesn't do demo's? I can't see any on the website. That's too bad as I would definitely give the game a try.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

spelk

Quote from: sandman2575 on December 06, 2014, 07:28:07 PM
Anyone playing this?  Would love to read some impressions.  Not much out there on the internets about this game, beyond what Spelk has posted on his excellent blog.

5th Horseman did an AAR of Anglo German War over on the site that should not be named... ;)

http://wargamer.com/forums/posts.asp?t=586835