Main Menu

War Thunder Thread

Started by republic, November 07, 2014, 07:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Just managed to unlock the D.520.  It's not my cuppa.  Rolls well but I think it has too much lift.  It feels like there's no weight to it at all and therefore it tends to bob up and down alarmingly with just the slightest pitch input when in level flight.  It makes lining up a shot rather difficult when you're porpoising so badly.  There's also a real lack of authority with the elevators so when it does start to pitch up on you, it takes an agonizingly long time to correct after you start to pitch down.  I find I get faster response by adjusting trim than I do from stick input.

MengJiao

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 13, 2021, 10:16:35 PM
Just managed to unlock the D.520.  It's not my cuppa.  Rolls well but I think it has too much lift.  It feels like there's no weight to it at all and therefore it tends to bob up and down alarmingly with just the slightest pitch input when in level flight.  It makes lining up a shot rather difficult when you're porpoising so badly.  There's also a real lack of authority with the elevators so when it does start to pitch up on you, it takes an agonizingly long time to correct after you start to pitch down.  I find I get faster response by adjusting trim than I do from stick input.

The War thunder crew makes lots of odd choices with these "simulations".  The D.520 is fine in Cliffs of Dover.  And why in war thunder is the Bloch 150 series supposed to be "better" than the
D.520?  The Vichy-ite air force standardized on the D.520 for good reasons, I suspect.

But here's a dive-bomber: