Feedback on Twilight Struggle AAR

Started by bayonetbrant, April 17, 2016, 08:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty Ward

Quote from: Barthheart on April 26, 2016, 09:19:20 PM
Quote from: Marty Ward on April 26, 2016, 09:08:01 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on April 25, 2016, 04:58:09 PM
Quote from: Marty Ward on April 25, 2016, 03:57:54 PM
Is this both a single player and multiplayer?

Yes.

Who sells it?  I don't see a link in the AAR.

I believe it's only through Steam.

Thanks. Price looks good and the reviews are positive. Might have to give it a try.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Barthheart

Quote from: Marty Ward on April 26, 2016, 09:50:22 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on April 26, 2016, 09:19:20 PM
Quote from: Marty Ward on April 26, 2016, 09:08:01 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on April 25, 2016, 04:58:09 PM
Quote from: Marty Ward on April 25, 2016, 03:57:54 PM
Is this both a single player and multiplayer?

Yes.

Who sells it?  I don't see a link in the AAR.

I believe it's only through Steam.

Thanks. Price looks good and the reviews are positive. Might have to give it a try.

It's a fun interesting tense game. Be prepared to get creamed the first few games though. The mechanics are easy to pick up but the overall strategy takes a bit of work to figure out.
Well worth the effort though . Fantastic port of a board game. Great UI and great atmosphere.

JasonPratt

The best port of a boardgame I've ever bought, and I'm including things like the Carcassone and Agricola and Stone Age and LeHavre ports. Those, and several others, are high bars.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Silent Disapproval Robot

One of the keys to the game is getting familiar with the card decks.  I think it's something that really only comes with experience.  After having my ass handed to me a dozen or more times, I finally got a feel for the early war deck.  I'm moderately familiar with the mid war deck and non familiar at all with the late war deck as near every game I've played has ended by mid war. 

I bring this up as I see you're getting lured by the AI into dumping influence into Africa on turn 2.  Remember that in the early war turns, the only scoring cards are Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. 

Marty Ward

If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!