[running] Armada 2526 SuperNova Christmas 2016 !

Started by Yskonyn, December 22, 2016, 06:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Woooot! Wonderful news Anguille!!! Congrats!
Is everything in order with mum and daughter?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Staggerwing

Congratulations Anguille!

Ysk,
I'm having no luck with the game. I d/l'ed the file and put it right into the documents/saves/armada 2526 gold/inbox folder but when I try to load it I still get a message to the effect that I'm not part of the game.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

OJsDad

Staggerwing, after I copied the file into the inbox, the game didn't find it the first time.  I used the mailbox app in windows 10 to dl the first time.  The second time, I used Chrome to log into GMAIL and dl from there.  I then launched the game and it found it that time.

The attachment name is different in the two different apps.  In windows mail, it's 'application/octet-steam'.  In Chrome the file name is 'Grogheads Christmas 2016 by Yskonyn.2526sav'.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

Quote from: Anguille on January 01, 2017, 09:25:01 AM
Will play later today. I am at the hospital...just got another baby girl.

What a way to end the year!!
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Staggerwing

Quote from: OJsDad on January 01, 2017, 11:45:08 AM
Staggerwing, after I copied the file into the inbox, the game didn't find it the first time.  I used the mailbox app in windows 10 to dl the first time.  The second time, I used Chrome to log into GMAIL and dl from there.  I then launched the game and it found it that time.

The attachment name is different in the two different apps.  In windows mail, it's 'application/octet-steam'.  In Chrome the file name is 'Grogheads Christmas 2016 by Yskonyn.2526sav'.

I did use Chrome and my save file looked like yours. It doesn't seem to be a problem with finding it. I can load it but can't continue after the message saying I'm not part of the game. I'll try messing around a little more.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

airboy

Quote from: Anguille on January 01, 2017, 09:25:01 AM
Will play later today. I am at the hospital...just got another baby girl.
Congratulations!

Yskonyn

Ok guys. Delete all your games.
Now that everyone is up and running with gmail I'll restart and do a new setup
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Yskonyn

Game has been re-launched! Everyone should have a new Turn 1 in their inbox. HAPPY NEWYEAR!

Yskonyn

@Anguille: Staggerwing's email address needs to be changed in the game. Is there a way to do it, perhaps in some text file or such?
Where can I then find the file I need to manually send to him please?

Anguille

Quote from: Yskonyn on January 02, 2017, 01:21:00 PM
@Anguille: Staggerwing's email address needs to be changed in the game. Is there a way to do it, perhaps in some text file or such?

Sorry, didn't have the chance to start the computer since sunday.

I don't think it's possible to change it once the game has been launched. We should start a new game.

Anguille

Thanks everyone for the good wishes! Mom and daughter are fine!  O0

bbmike

Congratulations, Anguille, great to hear!  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Yskonyn

Quote from: Anguille on January 04, 2017, 04:58:48 AM
Quote from: Yskonyn on January 02, 2017, 01:21:00 PM

Sorry, didn't have the chance to start the computer since sunday.

I don't think it's possible to change it once the game has been launched. We should start a new game.

Ok. Three times is a charm. We need to restart once again. Sorry guys.

Staggerwing

Yskonyn

Ill be without my games for the next three days.
So while I will restart today, dont expect the 2nd turn earlier than 3 days from now.