Freeman: Guerilla Warfare

Started by Jarhead0331, February 01, 2018, 02:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

on sale for $12 at greenmangaming for a few more hours...

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/freeman-guerrilla-warfare-pc/

glad it is getting better, i'll still likely hold off a bit....

SirAndrewD

The hotfix for the save issue seems to be up on Steam.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

ArizonaTank

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 25, 2018, 02:40:23 PM
The hotfix for the save issue seems to be up on Steam.

Yep! Works fine now.  Back in the saddle.

Did a quick battle...my mortar carrier basically took out about 15 looters with long range mortar fire.  Anyway awesome...  Hate to see one of those in an enemy unit.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

DennisS

I just picked this up the other day. I like it a lot, it reminds me strongly of Mount and Blade.

Apparently, they have removed vehicles from the game, but they indicate that eventually, they can be modded back in.

Version is 0.951, and is very stable for me.

jomni

I remember having saving issues. Is that solved?

-budd-

This looks interesting, wish listing this, thanks.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

W8taminute

Quote from: jomni on September 07, 2019, 06:42:15 PM
I remember having saving issues. Is that solved?

I can confirm that there are no saving issues having played the game about a month ago.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

DennisS

I cranked up the graphics to highest, and it runs fine. Autosave and load works fine. I am three hours in, and have yet to actually shoot anything...but I did get to level two, and upped my shooting skill.

Like Mount and Blade, it will be a very slow start...but I like this MORE than Mount and Blade. There are a few videos online that show a player with a bad ass sniper rifle with a 6x scope. BOOM BOOM BOOM! That's what I am working toward..to the point of using a single shot, crap rifle, just to gain the occasional skill point as I pump rounds downrange.

Money isn't super tight...I have five fighters, all of which I am very carefully equipping with the best armor they can use. I am considering developing my throwing skill, and chucking 'nades. Good way to get some kills and experience, apparently.

All in all, I am VERY pleased with this game..as I suck at shooters, especially PvP shooters. This scratches the itch I have...running a tactical squad, and shooting the bad guys.

ArizonaTank

I haven't touched it for a while, guess its time to get back in..
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

DennisS

Quote from: ArizonaTank on September 07, 2019, 10:45:48 PM
I haven't touched it for a while, guess its time to get back in..

I looked at it when it first came out, and there were ... issues. I decided to ignore it, and ran across it quite by accident here recently. I have MANY games that I purchased in early access that I gave up on..and I suspect more than a few folks did the same thing with this one.

DennisS

I just defeated a moderate sized Terrorist platoon, and got enough money and material to purchase a sweet 4x scope, to go along with an even sweeter rifle. ALL my upgrade points have been going into my rifle skill, and I'm dropping the bad guys like flies. You still get money and exp if your squad wins a battle, about 100 personal xp...but I am getting 100+ for EACH personal kill now, and leveling is vastly faster.

AMAZING game. Very slow start, like Mount and Blade...but already I have had some pretty good successes, with plenty more to come. I can easily see my little 12-person army doubling in just an hour or two more gameplay, and  then becoming a real force.

W8taminute

Good to hear you're liking the game.  It is a lot of fun.  Wait until you do indeed build up your force.  You'll be unstoppable as long as you don't get reckless.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

DennisS

Quote from: W8taminute on September 09, 2019, 08:47:42 AM
Good to hear you're liking the game.  It is a lot of fun.  Wait until you do indeed build up your force.  You'll be unstoppable as long as you don't get reckless.

I played Mount and Blade for many hours. You're exactly correct. One over-reach, and you're starting over.

This game appears to be much more forgiving.

al_infierno

Been really digging this game.  Thanks to fellow groggies for suggesting it.  I'd had my eye on it for ages wondering if it was any good, and damn does it deliver!

Yeah, this game is definitely more forgiving than MNB.  On the one hand, I kind of like that dying at the beginning of a battle doesn't just wipe out your whole army.  I wonder how much of that they plan on changing by the end of EA.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

DennisS

Quote from: al_infierno on September 16, 2019, 11:06:06 PM
Been really digging this game.  Thanks to fellow groggies for suggesting it.  I'd had my eye on it for ages wondering if it was any good, and damn does it deliver!

Yeah, this game is definitely more forgiving than MNB.  On the one hand, I kind of like that dying at the beginning of a battle doesn't just wipe out your whole army.  I wonder how much of that they plan on changing by the end of EA.

I have 21 peeps on my little army, and I have two of the best weapons in the game. One sniper rifle, and one assault rifle. My rifle shooting skill is 100 out of 100, and I have a 6x scope.

I suck at shooters...I really do. But, in this game, I do just fine. During the deployment phase, I simply haul ass to the highest ground in the area, go prone, and start banging away. All my forces are wearing the highest possible armor, as am I.

When I lose the odd soldier, I will recruit the best one I can find. I look for tough battles, as I can get 100k money, or more, per fight.

I am pretty close to start taking over cities. It's a pretty big step, but the looters and bandits running around will eventually not provide sufficient resources to fund my army. Already, costs are getting pretty high...and that is with just 3 teams of seven each.