I am Maximus Decimus Meridius, General of the Armies of the FRIDAY

Started by JasonPratt, September 14, 2018, 09:32:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

....{checking calendar}

....{checking clock}

....{checking thread category}

....honestly, how is it that I'm doing the Friday thread two weeks in a row?!

Fine. Here's a (somewhat sloppy) metal arrangement of key themes from Gladiator.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Relatedly! -- the Grogpublic forum game will start Monday afternoon my time. We've got enough players to make a good start, but if anyone wants to kick off, too, the sign-up thread is here: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=22911.0

We still have four slots open, plus a slot reserved for Windigo who hasn't confirmed yet. But we can easily go with the three confirmed players -- and in fact I can pretty easily slot new players in after we start, at almost any time until the end of the game really, if anyone watching from the sidelines decides they want to join in as a new faction arising in the Republic!

Other than final preps for that, I'm pretty loose this weekend on gaming. I already sent out my first turn to Yskonyn, as Stalin Driving West in round 2 of the Strategic Command: Classic multiplayer tournament, and hopefully that will remind me to get back to working on my Red Thunder match with him, which was about as epic as any shattered late-war medium-sized map could be.

Continuing to poke at the newly released Panzer Strategy and Aggressors: Ancient Rome. But I may take another stab at figuring out the best path to gold victory in Old Kingdom: Egypt, too. Really there are about 50 games I feel like messing with at any given time. ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

MengJiao

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 14, 2018, 09:45:13 AM
Relatedly! -- the Grogpublic forum game will start Monday afternoon my time. We've got enough players to make a good start, but if anyone wants to kick off, too, the sign-up thread is here: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=22911.0

We still have four slots open, plus a slot reserved for Windigo who hasn't confirmed yet. But we can easily go with the three confirmed players -- and in fact I can pretty easily slot new players in after we start, at almost any time until the end of the game really, if anyone watching from the sidelines decides they want to join in as a new faction arising in the Republic!

Other than final preps for that, I'm pretty loose this weekend on gaming. I already sent out my first turn to Yskonyn, as Stalin Driving West in round 2 of the Strategic Command: Classic multiplayer tournament, and hopefully that will remind me to get back to working on my Red Thunder match with him, which was about as epic as any shattered late-war medium-sized map could be.

Continuing to poke at the newly released Panzer Strategy and Aggressors: Ancient Rome. But I may take another stab at figuring out the best path to gold victory in Old Kingdom: Egypt, too. Really there are about 50 games I feel like messing with at any given time. ;)

Some work on sandbag barriers (Florence will be more or less at my farm on Monday) and maybe some Rise of the Republic and possibly some Post Scriptum.

Geezer

Quote from: MengJiao on September 14, 2018, 09:54:49 AM

Some work on sandbag barriers (Florence will be more or less at my farm on Monday) and maybe some Rise of the Republic and possibly some Post Scriptum.

Stay safe and keep your powder dry!
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Kushan

I'll be playing tourist this weekend. Arrived in Hawaii yesterday to visit family for a week. I might get some time to play CMANO on my surface. Or maybe something on my iPad but no major gaming for me until I get home.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Gusington

Great thread Pratt! Love me some Gladiator. AssCreed: Syndicate - Jack the Ripper, Witcher 3, and Vampyr await, and perhaps even some Elder Scrolls Online.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Wait, is there a Ripper DLC for AssCreedSyn?

(Lord, admittedly I'm a fifteen year old....)

Gusington

Why yes, yes there is. You even get to play as Jack for a few fleeting moments. AND...it might even be on sale through UPlay right now, if you don't really value your soul.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

:2funny: Yeah, no, I try to avoid Uplay as much as possible. Fair warning tho!

Gusington

Steam will have it marked down very soon for a Halloween sale I am sure.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Geezer on September 14, 2018, 10:16:51 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on September 14, 2018, 09:54:49 AM

Stay safe and keep your powder dry!

Your suggestion must have influenced me almost subliminally cuz (partly in honor of the hurricane and of dry gunpowder) I'm attempting a Close Action scenario.

CJReich46

I'm off today and tomorrow.
Yay...Paid Time Off!
I thought "get up early, clean things, go to VA appointment, add coolant to the car and all will be well." as I dozed to sleep.
Murphy laughs... :DD
I woke up with barely an hour to get ready for my VA appointment. I get there...a half hour early. WAIT! IT GETS EVEN BETTER!!
Go to the gas station, get gas for the car, add coolant (smart thing to do because it was getting a bit overheated at times)
Turn key.
CLIK.
:tickedoff:
Calmly I call progressive to get ERS,
Wait in car for an hour.
Jump start arrives
No Effect.
Send for Tow Truck.
Wait another hour.
Jump start attempt and checks starter.
No effect so starter might be dead.
Tow car to shop.
Car not going to be looked at till Monday.  :tickedoff:
I work Sunday *note: in my area? No buses run on Sunday*
Set up rental car for weekend.
No rentals at location I picked however one further away does have them...
Call friend. She comes picks me up, we get coffee do some shopping at Home Depot (she needed some stuff for her house) and even a haircut.
Get rental.  (Black Hyundai Elantra)
Home.
This was supposed to be a simple 1/2 hour appointment, and home in an hour. It ended up being about 5pm by the time I GOT HOME.

So I have to now get a car fixed, possibly not going to be successful as the poor thing is dying. But if they get the starter and it works great. Otherwise. I'm going to be looking for a new ride next week- if not sooner!   

So my plan? The Witcher- Chapter III. 

I did hear there's a nice patch coming for Field of Glory II - peltasts, Thracians and Praetorians and some updates to the Roman Army lists.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Gusington

The hell you say! Where can I find out more about this FoG II patch?

Witcher 3 cures all ails.

Sorry about all that other stuff. At least you weren't late for work.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

Quote from: Gusington on September 14, 2018, 07:46:34 PM
The hell you say! Where can I find out more about this FoG II patch?

Witcher 3 cures all ails.

Sorry about all that other stuff. At least you weren't late for work.

Gus, here's the linky to the patch coming with Rise of Persia.
http://www.matrixgames.com/news/2684/Rise.of.Persia.will.come.with.a.free.update.(Praetorian.Guard.and.Peltasts.incoming)

I mean I'm playing The Witcher 1 enhanced: I'm currently in Chapter 3.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

nelmsm

PBEM games and some playtesting and continuing my Alea Jacta Est game