Wings Over the Reich released

Started by WallysWorld, September 05, 2018, 04:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

From the developers of Wings Over Flanders Fields.

Wings Over the Reich

This is Phase 1.

Gallery:WOtR gallery

OBD's Unique Dynamic Campaign Engine specially for WW2.
Newly designed dynamic campaign system covering the 5 main phases of the Battle of Britain from 10th July to 31st October 1940.
Enlist in one of: 36 British Squadrons - including the famous RAF 303 Polish Squadron 22 German Squadrons
Detailed Player Flyable Aircraft:            Hawker Hurricane MKI (Late)     Messerschmitt Bf109 'Emil'       Both complete with fully immersive hyper detailed cockpits.
Detailed AI only aircraft:          Spitfire MKIa        Junkers Ju88 A1        Junkers Ju87 B1        Messerschmitt Bf 110 C4        Dornier Do17 Z2        Heinkel He111 H2
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Jarhead0331

Hmmmm...surprised to see only 2 flyable aircraft...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rayfer

Does it still require that ancient game CD disc to play? Their WW! Flight sim was built on that old game engine but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the old game.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Rayfer on September 05, 2018, 05:05:39 PM
Does it still require that ancient game CD disc to play? Their WW! Flight sim was built on that old game engine but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the old game.

I do not think so. In fact, I think they eventually released a version of WOFF that did not require CFS3 either.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

RyanE

Looking at the screenshots, I think I'll wait until some video is available.  Looks like a generation or two behind some of the DCS and IL2 graphics.  Could just be how the shots were taken, but I'd like to see it in motion.

And only two flyable planes gives me pause also.  Even the AI aircraft are somewhat limited.

Jarhead0331

The draw here is the experience of the dynamic campaign. It will not be able to seriously compete with DCS in flight fidelity or IL-2 BoS in terms of graphics, etc.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Toonces

^ This.

WoFF was never about the graphics and if you go into this game expecting anything like DCS graphics or aircraft systems fidelity, you're going to be disappointed.  I'm looking at you Destraex!

But, a dynamic WW2 campaign?  If it's like the one in WoFF this game is going to absolutely kill in the atmosphere department.

This is a MUST BUY on my list as soon as I get my flying rig set back up.

I'm also a bit surprised at the two planes (no Spitfire?!), but I strongly suspect this is just the starting point.

Also, I believe they developed a new engine that doesn't require CFS3.

I strongly suspect all of the answers to these questions and more are on their website.  I'm too lazy to look, like Gus.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

DoctorQuest

Who is going to jump in the pool first and let us all know what it's like?
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Staggerwing

AFA CFS3 goes, the web site says this:

QuoteRequires you own Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3 for licensing only. No need to install - see the WOTR FAQ for more information.

which is the same thing that the FAQ for WOFF:UE says. Perhaps the wording absolves the developers of any legal worries from people using pirated copies or even no copy of CFS3 at all. There is no mention of having to enter the CFS3 license key anywhere during install.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

RyanE

CFS3 is mentioned several times in the FAQ I noticed.

MengJiao

Quote from: WallysWorld on September 05, 2018, 04:06:24 PM
From the developers of Wings Over Flanders Fields.

Wings Over the Reich

This is Phase 1.

Gallery:WOtR gallery

OBD's Unique Dynamic Campaign Engine specially for WW2.
Newly designed dynamic campaign system covering the 5 main phases of the Battle of Britain from 10th July to 31st October 1940.
Enlist in one of: 36 British Squadrons - including the famous RAF 303 Polish Squadron 22 German Squadrons
Detailed Player Flyable Aircraft:            Hawker Hurricane MKI (Late)     Messerschmitt Bf109 'Emil'       Both complete with fully immersive hyper detailed cockpits.
Detailed AI only aircraft:          Spitfire MKIa        Junkers Ju88 A1        Junkers Ju87 B1        Messerschmitt Bf 110 C4        Dornier Do17 Z2        Heinkel He111 H2

The WWII stuff looks good -- after all flying Hurricanes was what most RAF fighter pilots did in 1940.  I'm kinda sad there's no Battle of France, but BoB with Hurricanes seems worthwhile.

On the other hand, I don't have a WWI game of any kind at the moment so maybe I'll start there.

RyanE

Looks like in the FAQ they just did a global replace for WOFF.  That might explain all the mentions of CFS3.

Toonces

Actually, the "owning but not required to install" re: CFS3 is more like what I remember now that you post that.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

jomni

Battle of Britain setting? The title doesn't suit it. Maybe Wings Over Dover. Understand that's this is just phase 1