Birds of Prey

Started by Martok, October 02, 2019, 01:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Looks good.  Please, please be better than Suicide Squad, though! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JasonPratt

Looks like a passably interesting Harley movie, with practically no Birds of Prey. No doubt explaining the subtitle to the Birds of Prey movie (i.e. it's all about Harley).

Seems just as well, since there's very little about any of the BoP in this trailer which signifies their characters at all. "Harley inspires random young women to cowgirl up" could be a good movie maybe, but =/= the BoP, which was a colorful character-driven ensemble epic anchored on legacy characters.

I defy anyone on Earth to tell me, looking at that thumbnail, without cheating and going to imdb, which one is Batgirl, which one is the Huntress, and which one is the Black Canary -- and which one is the other Batgirl!

(Spoiler: one of those characters, arguably the most important to the BoP, isn't in the film anyway. I have no idea yet who the fourth woman in that snapshot is, behind the other two. Possibly just a random bystander, who happens to look no less random bystandery than the three standing with Harley.)

>:( I'm actively annoyed, and I'm not even a BoP fanboy. I feel bad for its fans, though, because I understand the importance of the series in its context.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!