Main Menu

DCS F/A-18C

Started by Jarhead0331, July 03, 2017, 11:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Yeah...if the hornet doesn't come this Friday I'll be really disappointed too.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

PanzersEast

I'm not going to lie.... when flying Falcon BMS compared to seeing the  DCS FA-18 in action, it feels really outdated now and feature poor...... I still love BMS, but man looking at the FA-18 makes you engrossed in the sim and want to touch all the buttons.....  Carrier ops is a huge bonus.  I had started back learning the A-10, however really no point as I am all in on the FA-18 now.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: PanzersEast on May 16, 2018, 11:37:02 AM
I'm not going to lie.... when flying Falcon BMS compared to seeing the  DCS FA-18 in action, it feels really outdated now and feature poor...... I still love BMS, but man looking at the FA-18 makes you engrossed in the sim and want to touch all the buttons.....  Carrier ops is a huge bonus.  I had started back learning the A-10, however really no point as I am all in on the FA-18 now.

I really believe the Hornet and Persian Gulf map combo is going to set a new standard for flight simming...certainly for DCS. Although the same issues will remain (ie. no dynamic campaign), I simply don't see how any dedicated sim jock could resist.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

PanzersEast

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 16, 2018, 11:42:48 AM

I really believe the Hornet and Persian Gulf map combo is going to set a new standard for flight simming...certainly for DCS. Although the same issues will remain (ie. no dynamic campaign), I simply don't see how any dedicated sim jock could resist.

I think one thing that cannot be over stated enough is the fact they have now included interactive training flights..... this could potentially greatly reduce the learning curve if done right.

Pete Dero

Although the same issues will remain (ie. no dynamic campaign)

Never tried them (and don't know how they run in 2.5) but there are few user made dynamic campaigns.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=153020

http://www.mudspike.com/guardians-of-the-caucasus-dynamic-campaign-for-dcs-world/
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=136618   

Due to technical limitations of the DCS framework, the following instructions should be followed:
- In order to allowing carrying over information from one mission to the next, it is absolutely necessary to modify the file 'MissionScripting.lua' in the folder 'DCS World\Scripts'. Add two minus signs in front of line 17 'sanitizeModule('io')' and line 18 'sanitizeModule('lfs')'.
  (Installation instruction in Read Me or in the link https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=136618 )

Grim.Reaper

Although not dedicated sim jock, only reason I haven't bought it is because my stupid computer can't even support the lower end of this game:(  For most every other game out there, I am fine...maybe some day.

Skoop

All flight sims are resource hungry by nature.  Prepar3d, xplane, FSX, IL2, and DCS all require a top of the line computer to get good graphics with playable fps.  It's become the nature of the beast.  The 90 fps requirement for VR has forced many of these sims to fix the software bottlenecks, but has left behind some of the legacy systems out there.

The DCS dynamic campaigns are cool, they still aren't the falcon campaign, but the losses carry over mission to mission.  I've seen some near falcon style dynamic campaigns running on MP servers, scripting allows the editor to do just about anything in DCS if you know how to code. 

The best thing about the hornet is that it will bring back alot of people that may have been on DCS hiatus....which will spark even more community activity.

JudgeDredd

Damn I'm going to have to get a new joystick...the powered USB port didn't make a difference...unplugging my X52 Pro hangs my PC  :'(
Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 16, 2018, 11:18:13 AM
My money is on this Friday for the Hornet (its May 18th) and the following Friday for the Persian Gulf map.

F = 6
A = 1
18 = 2018

But also could be june 1st 2018 ....

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Pete Dero on May 17, 2018, 04:59:30 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 16, 2018, 11:18:13 AM
My money is on this Friday for the Hornet (its May 18th) and the following Friday for the Persian Gulf map.

F = 6
A = 1
18 = 2018

But also could be june 1st 2018 ....

Yes. I saw this theory posted in the DCS forum. It is a twisted, heathen theory. Wags already said it is coming before the end of the month. He also said Persian Gulf is coming before the end of the month, and that hornet will come first. So I don't think 6/1 is correct.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mbar

I just pre-ordered the F/A-18 and Persian Gulf Map. I feel so dirty.

<curls up into a ball at bottom of shower>

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mbar

:DD ^^This guy gets it!

Jarhead0331

Prevailing speculation on release has now shifted to next Friday. Apparently ED posted on its facebook page that there are still some issues they need to iron out and Wags will be making a further announcement during a livestream scheduled for this Sunday.

Sucks. Was really hoping this would come tomorrow.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Well, I went ahead and purchased a new PC, I guess I now have to purchase this game, even though I am very poor now:)