Field of Glory Empires MP Game New Thread.

Started by devoncop, June 04, 2019, 01:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

I will be spending my loyalty coupon on this game, so I'd definately like to join the next MP game you guys start!  O0
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

My plan has worked amazingly well so far -- the Arab thrust is a classic example about the folly of throwing a powerful army through logistic crap! I beat them back from my capital, and now they're starving in the land they took from me last turn.

My only concern now is that they may try to invade (and succeed at it) one of my more fruitful regions nearby. I've loaded up to go stomp them just in case (and then run away before I'm the one starving in the desert).

Meanwhile, the diplomacy engine has sort of been screwing me over without me realizing it! I got attached to the Antagonids some time ago in an alliance by... accident? Somehow? And since I've never had any reason to go to pseudo-war with them, I got into "Full Alliance" many turns ago.

Now I wanted to maneuver through Egypt's sole remaining region on this side of the Red Sea, and not go to war with Devon again to do it (even though he offered some time ago) -- but I couldn't make an alliance offer to Egypt (again)! After some poking around, I realize it's because (I suppose) the Ants are at war with the Ptols!

So I broke my Alliance with the Ants. No disrespect meant, but I just wanted some friendly trade cooperation; and alliance with Egypt is more important due to my position.  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

(Note to self: forgot to ask for Ant cooperation again.)

I've taken the offered territory in Arabia, Devon -- I think that's what you were doing? So I'm making peace again and allying asap.

I noticed you donated a lot of money to Arabia, which kind of makes sense for them as a bulwark against the Seluks (though they're going to use that cash to raid me, you know. ;) ) Does this mean you want me to make peace with Arabia asap, if they'll accept it? I can do so, but I thought you wanted a live ally (instead of only AI) working with you in the Saudi area, so since Arabia hadn't made peace with me earlier I was continuing war against them.

You're certainly my senior human ally in the region, so I want to cooperate (and not get flattened  ::) )!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

um... Devon, you refused peace with me. I'm going to have a harder time making peace with Arabia (which I'm trying to do starting this turn), as long as you're at war with me. And I don't know why you're still at war with me.

I'm trying to be helpful and cooperative; did you say something you wanted me to do, and I didn't do it?  ???

JasonPratt

Oh, hm. Looks like Devon isn't in the game anymore. Not just "idle" (though about half are "idle") -- Ptolemy isn't even listed as an mp faction anymore!  :'(

...that's going to make things a little more difficult.  :o

Tripoli

You have my full support from Rome.  Although I'm not sure how much good that will do you.  My other MP game also died, although this one seems to still be moving forward.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

JasonPratt

Thanks! I'll try to remember to provisionally ally with you next turn (provisionally in that if Devon really is still in the game and I somehow missed it, I should try to stick with my original patron of course.)

Grognerd

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 15, 2019, 05:06:49 PM
Oh, hm. Looks like Devon isn't in the game anymore. Not just "idle" (though about half are "idle") -- Ptolemy isn't even listed as an mp faction anymore!  :'(

...that's going to make things a little more difficult.  :o

Whoa! OK, that's a teensy bit disappointing, as PTO just declared war on me today (and dragged in half of Europe who had Full Alliances with Egypt). So I thought things had just gotten really interesting ... but it looks like this will be just a half-hearted AI war.  :-[

I'll play on. If things keep going on their current trajectory, I should get a 3-1 VP victory pretty soon, thus ending the game formally. At least I think and/or hope so!

And I do want to thank Devon for starting this PBEM game, very likely the first post-beta PBEM FoG:E game ever! It's been great fun. I'll try to go easy on your AI successor ...  ;)

SELEUCUS
Streaming as "Grognerd" on Twitch! https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

JasonPratt

Not gonna lie, your Seluk empire looks like a triumph!  :notworthy: I've been reminding myself which game I'm playing in, by looking across the Persian Gulf at this GIANT HIGHWAY NETWORK and thinking, great Eye in the sky, maybe I should try playing the Seluks someday.