Games People Play on Friday!

Started by bbmike, May 24, 2018, 04:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

Quote from: Pete Dero on May 27, 2018, 12:10:28 PM
Didn't have much gaming time.

Spend some time setting up this low cost TrackIR head tracking alternative (Delan Clip http://www.delanengineering.com/shop/#!/DelanClip-Gamer/p/43397050/category=0) and testing it in DCS.
I must say I'm very pleased with the results but I still need to do a little finetuning.

I saw the Delan clip on a recent Frooglesim video. Thinking of getting it as a replacement for my TrackIR pro clip.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bbmike

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 27, 2018, 03:43:23 PM
What about the gay weeks? Is it raining on them as well, or is it just the straight ones?

Are you off your meds (bourbon) again?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

So we rented our house to a family for West Point graduation and they were less than upfront - they had like 30 people staying at our house - not 8 - drained our well, and f'cked up our septic line. So tomorrow I will be playing 'rent an industrial snake' and unplug my sewer line with a neighbor. Last time we rent for graduation. 😒

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Sounds like a shitty way to spend Memorial Day. Send THEM the bill. I'm going to see, "Solo" with a friend while my wife cleans house. To get out of her way see. I'm such a good husband.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

solops

Quote from: airboy on May 27, 2018, 01:33:20 PM
Finished Pillars of Eternity including both expansions.  Working on the house.  It is been raining for 2 straight weeks.
I just bought this, packaged with all the DLC, because it was on sale on Steam. I know nothing about it. Is it good?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Gusington

Yes, very good...although I did not finish it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

It's better than Frosted Flakes... GRRREAT!  Ok, as good as FF. Very long game if you do all the quests but worth it as the loot is epic. The DLC's have to be done BEFORE you finish the game. Very many choices at Character Creation and Level Up's so give your self a lot of time when you do. Beautiful game-- look at everything as you wander through this world. The game throws a lot of info at you from the start but don't get intimated by this, just play and enjoy.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^I loved the lore and good thing too as you say...because there's tons of it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Damn you all! Now I have to install Pillars of Eternity!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Father Ted

Quote from: Kushan on May 27, 2018, 04:14:20 PM

I saw the Delan clip on a recent Frooglesim video. Thinking of getting it as a replacement for my TrackIR pro clip.

The clip should work fine as a replacement for the TIR one - it's just the *same* configuration of IRLEDs.  Using it with FaceTrackNoIR or Freetrack and a webcam will take a bit of fiddling, but is eminently doable.

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 28, 2018, 09:47:13 AM
It's better than Frosted Flakes... GRRREAT!  Ok, as good as FF. Very long game if you do all the quests but worth it as the loot is epic. The DLC's have to be done BEFORE you finish the game. Very many choices at Character Creation and Level Up's so give your self a lot of time when you do. Beautiful game-- look at everything as you wander through this world. The game throws a lot of info at you from the start but don't get intimated by this, just play and enjoy.

^ What he said.

Plus, I think the best character for your avatar in the game is either a cleric or a ranger.  You get a very good fighter and a Magic User very early.  You can pick up a cleric a little later.  Ranger is middle to late in the game. 

You need to have someone specialize in athletics and another in mechanics (lockpicking).  Survival is less important.  Lore give you the ability to use scrolls - higher the lore the higher the level of scroll.  You can also retrain someone from level 1 in bars as long as you have the cash.  You need only one in mechanics, one in survival, and one in athletics.  The rest can specialize in lore and use scrolls.

Hofstadter

I discovered that by increasing my anti aliasing in squad, I've taken pressure off my cpu. It's now prettier and runs way better. So obscene amounts of that. Also playing steel division since it's been staring at me for way too long.

I got fired from a basic shelf stacking job that I was working at for two weeks. They saw the ravine on my arm and spazzdd out, saying I neglected to inform them of my injury. Like?..ho...I've been putting up massive bags of dog food without trouble. Its basically cosmetic now. So...self esteem just died hard.

Food front. Got some fermented black beans, made basic beef and black bean but it was way too rich. Hainanese glass noodle stir fry tomorrow. After that Kao soi, green papaya salad and when I get my meat probe in gonna smoke a leg of lamb
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Pete Dero

Quote from: Father Ted on May 28, 2018, 04:53:28 PM
Quote from: Kushan on May 27, 2018, 04:14:20 PM

The clip should work fine as a replacement for the TIR one - it's just the *same* configuration of IRLEDs.  Using it with FaceTrackNoIR or Freetrack and a webcam will take a bit of fiddling, but is eminently doable.

I bought the 'gamer edition' (+/- 45 €) and this includes a modified PS3 cam.  From unboxing to testing took me less than an hour.
I'm not the most handy guy, so if I can do it most people should have no problems with it.  (the instructions on their site are specifically for this PS3 camera so that speeds things up)

Sir Slash

I spent the quiet parts of the day yesterday learning the intricacies of the 'Ancient Empires' mod for Attila. Damn what a mountain of new choices are available all over! I spent 30 min. just trying to decide what building to build for one city.  :o  You can literally make a region into almost anything you want--custom design it to whatever works best. This is like 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' if there were about a dozen of each type.   I just hope the AI can handle all the choices competently.