Lost in Space

Started by mirth, February 21, 2018, 06:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

The LiS remake was good, in an odd way. Gary Oldman as Dr Smith was great, playing the role as truly malevolent instead of just smarmy and bitchy.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Staggerwing on February 21, 2018, 08:24:16 PM
The LiS remake was good, in an odd way. Gary Oldman as Dr Smith was great, playing the role as truly malevolent instead of just smarmy and bitchy.

He was awesome, particularly his...transformation. THAT was unexpected.

JasonPratt

I'm sure I saw it in a theater because I recall being highly disappointed in it. I watched it with my brother I think? -- I seem to recall us both commenting at the climax how stupid the final escape attempt was. And it could have been feasibly fixed, even in post, with a little tweaking about what they were trying to do, i.e. SLINGSHOTTING AROUND THE GRAVITY WELL! NOT DIVING STRAIGHT INTO IT! A slight bit of adr, recording one line maybe two, and some adjustment to the fx at the end. Boom, fixed. {smh}
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bbmike

I saw it in the theater and have it on DVD. I like it. Or at least I remember liking it.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JasonPratt

The grand finale is the only part I don't appreciate -- well that and the refusal to use the original theme in the soundtrack (though it's in a techno-rap by Apollo 330 as part of the credits). In my headcanon though, they tried to go around the collapsing planet, and then I'm pretty happy.  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

mirth

In my headcanon, I made it with Judy, and then I'm very happy.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

I dated a girl once that could've played in, "Lost In Space". No, wait. Could've BEEN lost in space. That was it!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Steelgrave

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 21, 2018, 11:15:21 PM
I dated a girl once that could've played in, "Lost In Space". No, wait. Could've BEEN lost in space. That was it!

Were you upset when she left you for Mirth? Cause that sounds like his kinda woman   :coolsmiley:

mirth

There have been I few I have tried to lose in space.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

JasonPratt

Quote from: mirth on February 22, 2018, 10:16:01 AM

OMG THIS EXPLAINS THAT VIDEO!!

>:D

mirth

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 22, 2018, 12:47:46 PM
Quote from: mirth on February 22, 2018, 10:16:01 AM

OMG THIS EXPLAINS THAT VIDEO!!

>:D

ha! I guess it does :P

Sir Slash

I knew a girl that got lost in my closet. Wait a minute. That was me that got lost in my closet.... It was dark in there.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Did you find a girl in there?

Sir Slash

Just a VERY scary clown doll.  :hide: