The "Holy %$%# It's Hot Out There" Summer 2017 Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, June 12, 2017, 01:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

High of 89 today. When i get home friday it'll be high of 71
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

End of the week is going to be seasonable here - low/mid 60s.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

trailrunner

I don't mind when it's 90 F, even in late September.

I don't mind walking almost a mile to my meeting.

I (mostly) don't mind wearing a suit, including jacket and tie.

But I don't like all three of these at once.

ETA: Mens clothing is stupid.  A suit jacket adds very little warmth in the winter, but is very warm in the summer.  And what's up with ties?  It's just a piece of flair that chokes us.

Sir Slash

You can tell it's Autumn here in Fla. The temps in the 80's all day instead of 90's. Where did I leave my long pants back in March?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Barthheart

Quote from: trailrunner on September 25, 2017, 03:59:07 PM
I don't mind when it's 90 F, even in late September.

I don't mind walking almost a mile to my meeting.

I (mostly) don't mind wearing a suit, including jacket and tie.

But I don't like all three of these at once.

ETA: Mens clothing is stupid.  A suit jacket adds very little warmth in the winter, but is very warm in the summer.  And what's up with ties?  It's just a piece of flair that chokes us.

One of the main reasons I searched for a job where a suit and tie is not required. In research I can wear shorts and a tshirt and flip flops and no bats an eye.

trailrunner

Quote from: Barthheart on September 25, 2017, 05:24:32 PM
One of the main reasons I searched for a job where a suit and tie is not required. In research I can wear shorts and a tshirt and flip flops and no bats an eye.

I do miss working in the lab.

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 25, 2017, 04:06:02 PM
You can tell it's Autumn here in Fla. The temps in the 80's all day instead of 90's. Where did I leave my long pants back in March?

You seem to have rebounded from the hurricane.

Sir Slash

Now that I got my, "I Survived Hurricane Irma- 2017" T-Shirt to wear, it's all good. Still looking for some parts off my pick-up truck that took wind and haven't returned home on their own but hey, it still runs so.....  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 25, 2017, 04:06:02 PM

the fuck you say!!!!
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Sir Slash

airboy

I sat in the sun for 3 quarters of the football game in Chapel Hill in the high 80s last Saturday.  Of course next week the highs are forecasted for the 60s.

mirth

First day all week that it wasn't into the 80s with god awful humidity. Going to drop into the 40s tonight. Finally feels like Fall.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd