Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Religion, Politics, and Flame Wars / Re: Kneeling in the NFL
« Last post by bayonetbrant on Today at 10:30:35 AM »
In Germany we have the problem that some national team! players don't sing the German anthem because of 'respect for their Turk or Ghana migration background' ... Go figure!

Personally I would throw them out of the team! we have enuf perfect replacements in the waitqueue to join the soccer national team.
and if there is really a match between Turkey and Germany and some player has mixed-feelings, its ok to sing just both,

like Klinsman did when USA played Germany  O0               

If a national team player failed to properly stand for the anthem - like Megan Rapinoe did a few months ago - that player is off the team, permanently, if I'm in charge.

It's one thing to protest when you're just playing a game for a private club.

It's another thing entirely when you're representing the country, and simultaneously protesting against it.
Wargaming / Re: Wargames predicting the future
« Last post by BanzaiCat on Today at 10:29:50 AM »
any games out there predict the Trump presidency?  The Obama-Libya bombings?  Russian seizure of Crimea?

what am I missing?

Millennium Wars: Ukraine, perhaps?

I think I still have this and the other five games from the original series stowed away somewhere.

Wargaming / Re: Am I smoking crack?
« Last post by BanzaiCat on Today at 10:25:22 AM »
Besides... how much engineeringlicallyness do you have to make such a statement?  ???

None! I'm a designer, dammit. I draw all day (kind of).

Though I DO agree with you, FWIW. Those counters be ugly. I couldn't resist the counter-rounding poking. You were rather stoic in your replies and didn't fall for the bait. :(
Religion, Politics, and Flame Wars / Re: Kneeling in the NFL
« Last post by bayonetbrant on Today at 10:25:05 AM »
Meanwhile, the jackass who started this whole movement idolizes Che Guevara. The hypocrisy of the whole thing is what irritates me most.   

yeah, he's a tangle of contradictions.

he walks around in a Che shirt and praises Fidel Castro
he also volunteers a lot of time to work with underprivileged youth in low income communities and won't let the cameras in
he makes idiotic anti-cop statements
he takes his own money to Somalia to help install irrigation systems to help fight famine brought on by drought

I don't like his public statements, but some of his private actions have been positive, which just makes me wonder how much change he's trying to affect, and how much attention he's trying to call to himself
Wargaming / Re: Common Ground in Wargaming
« Last post by BanzaiCat on Today at 10:23:58 AM »
Are you meaning "common ground" wargames are ones that a wide audience have had experience with?

Back when we got started in the dark ages, there were so few of them that our common ground was pretty significant.

With the explosion of board games (even strategy games) in the last 20 or so years, that common ground is getting smaller and smaller. Especially when you have people arguing online about meeples. ;D
« Last post by Barthheart on Today at 10:22:22 AM »
Rounded corners are engineeringlically proven to increase the attractiveness and combat strength of counters by 115%.

Like all stats on the internet....

Besides... how much engineeringlicallyness do you have to make such a statement?  ???
Wargaming / Re: Falklands Game
« Last post by BanzaiCat on Today at 10:22:03 AM »
Man, I went round and round with the dev of Where There Is Discord years ago. They said they sent me a review copy, weeks go by and it doesn't arrive, and follow up emails go ignored. I even, a few years later, contacted one of the designers on BGG, whom said he'd forward my message, and poof, no reply after that. WTF?!?
« Last post by BanzaiCat on Today at 10:20:36 AM »
Rounded corners are engineeringlically proven to increase the attractiveness and combat strength of counters by 115%.
I was just saying S-Sea has the same kind of feel. You're exploring a dark dimension and encountering stuff. It's not nearly as strange and trippy as Darkwood is (I had a Let's Play on briefly of Darkwood this morning), but it's somewhat similar.
« Last post by Barthheart on Today at 10:19:28 AM »
Don't the colours make yer eyes bleed?!?  :hide:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10