The Expanse (SyFy)

Started by Nefaro, December 15, 2015, 01:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Quote from: SirAndrewD on May 11, 2018, 08:57:11 PM
There is no way any of the Firefly cast or Whedon would work with Adam Baldwin again.

Really? I didn't know the cast had issues.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: BanzaiCat on May 11, 2018, 09:05:42 PM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on May 11, 2018, 08:57:11 PM
There is no way any of the Firefly cast or Whedon would work with Adam Baldwin again.

Really? I didn't know the cast had issues.

They had issues at the time.  Baldwin and Tuydik were almost in fistfights pretty commonly. 

Baldwin is a very devoted Conservative Republican.  He doubled down on that after his time on Firefly.  Whedon half the time had to play referee back when was less out about it. 

They pretty much all hate him now.  I can't imagine Firefly without Jayne.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

BanzaiCat

Huh. Well just shows you that some actors can still be professional and show on-screen chemistry, even if they don't get along when the cameras are off.

SirAndrewD

The story was that they, aside from Tudyk, got along fine with him at the time. 

He got deeply devoted to the Conservative cause after Firefly, and got in with the Alt-Right when it came about.  He also supported GamerGate.

He's very educated, very well spoken, and likes to troll the left.  You can check out his twitter and see what I mean.  After a few years of him doing so even people that stuck by him like Whedon are at odds with him. 

I think he still gets along with Nathan Fillion though.  He did a guest spot on Castle.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

jamus34

And SyFy kills another show...
Insert witty comment here.

Staggerwing

Quote from: jamus34 on May 11, 2018, 09:30:32 PM
And SyFy kills lets another show escape into the wider world beyond cable...

FIFY (I really really hope...)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

SirAndrewD

It looks like Alcorn was already in talks with Netflix and HBO prior to this season even airing.  So I think they saw where it was going. 

jamus34

In all honesty I have no idea why show producers bother pitching to syfy anymore. They've made it clear that they'd rather run crappy "b" and "c" movies all day.
Insert witty comment here.

BanzaiCat

Baldwin was awesome in Chuck, also.

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on May 12, 2018, 05:07:54 PM
Baldwin was awesome in Chuck, also.

+1 he was a huge part of Chuck
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

Arguably the best part of The Last Ship, too.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Quote from: BanzaiCat on May 11, 2018, 08:01:55 PM
Netflix SHOULD do Firefly. :(

Meh.

I hope Netflix chokes and all the good shows start popping up elsewhere.  After professional political activists bought in & started taking over in the past year. 

Since A-Prime started funding series for IPs such as Conan and Middle Earth, maybe that shift has already begun.  O0

As for The Expanse, I always had the impression that SyFy was scraping the bottom of their bank account to fund it.  My first guess is that they couldn't continue to do so and still have money left for other stuff.  Unfortunate.

BanzaiCat

That's actually a good point to an extent. One major reason why I find Lost In Space completely unwatchable.

Nefaro

Quote from: BanzaiCat on May 14, 2018, 08:14:21 AM
That's actually a good point to an extent. One major reason why I find Lost In Space completely unwatchable.

I mean.. when George Soros buys the largest share of Netflix, and then appoints Susan Rice to the board during the next year, it's easy to predict where Netflix' programming is going.  *puke emote*