Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Started by son_of_montfort, December 19, 2013, 11:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

son_of_montfort

Quote from: MengJiao on December 19, 2013, 01:39:07 PM
2) Rock paper shotgun seems to think that 1403 is somehow the end of the HRE.

Yeah, that had me scratching my head. I looked at the pic and said "It doesn't LOOK like an RPG set in the Napoleonic era." Although that would be awesome too. Also, some other guy said "more like the end of the Middle Ages," which I also took issue with.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on December 19, 2013, 08:46:03 PM
WHATEVS. I'm getting it.

You will not like it.  Just like all us other stewpid Ami.  Ya see!

:P

MengJiao

Quote from: son_of_montfort on December 19, 2013, 11:47:44 PM

Yeah, that had me scratching my head. I looked at the pic and said "It doesn't LOOK like an RPG set in the Napoleonic era." Although that would be awesome too. Also, some other guy said "more like the end of the Middle Ages," which I also took issue with.

Well, I'm all for a game that tries to do something with Central Europe in 1403.  But why as an RPG?  The funny thing about RPGs is that a role is the last thing you have.  You spend the whole game (such as in Skyrim) looking for a role.  I'd be nice if you just got a role the way CK2 does it.

But not much hope of that.  It will be 1403 more or less, but you'll be spending all your time trying to find the right shoes or learning how to repair hats.

Nefaro

Quote from: MengJiao on December 20, 2013, 09:02:36 AM

Well, I'm all for a game that tries to do something with Central Europe in 1403.  But why as an RPG?  The funny thing about RPGs is that a role is the last thing you have.  You spend the whole game (such as in Skyrim) looking for a role.  I'd be nice if you just got a role the way CK2 does it.

But not much hope of that.  It will be 1403 more or less, but you'll be spending all your time trying to find the right shoes or learning how to repair hats.

Why not an RPG?

I get the impression that they're shooting for something akin to Mount & Blade.  Which is an Action-Strategy-RPG of sorts and a good game. 

Which reminds me.. I need to do some more M&B: Napoleonic Wars multiplayer.   Soooo fun.

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on December 20, 2013, 03:22:31 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on December 20, 2013, 09:02:36 AM

Why not an RPG?

I get the impression that they're shooting for something akin to Mount & Blade.  Which is an Action-Strategy-RPG of sorts and a good game. 

Which reminds me.. I need to do some more M&B: Napoleonic Wars multiplayer.   Soooo fun.

I liked Mount and Blade, but (unlike other RPGs where a role is not something you ever quite have) in Mount and Blade you led a band of quasi-mercenaries IIRC.  If I get to lead a band of armed ruffians in 1403, I will be perfectly happy, but if I have to wade through a lot of wonderful storyline to do that, I'm going to be pretty resigned to being annoyed as per usual in an RPG.

I can imagine the story now -- You are a happy shoe-maker in Ulmph.  There is tension in Umph between X and Y.  Your uncle warns you about X and gives you a sword and some training.  You run into some nasty X people.  You save a (blank) from the X people.  The X people are after you.  Your uncle gives you a horse and a really crappy suite of crappy armor.  You join the Y people.  They are just as nasty as the X people etc.
   I' rather just skip all that and pop into the game as a reasonably well-trained and well -armed member of the gentry who knows the X y and Z people are all nasty and is as potentially just as nasty as they are.   

Grim.Reaper

Just curious, did anyone ever end up backing this game in the Kickstarter....looks like you can still pledge...saw some info they expect the first alpha version in October, for those that pledge a certain level....thinking about jumping in before then, but haven't seen much more.

http://kingdomcomerpg.com/

Meant to include this live stream of the game, seems pretty cool...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84AiE46erkk

Grim.Reaper

Saw this posted on their FaceBook page explaining release timing of the game....

"Alpha September/October 2014, Beta Q3 2015, release Q4 2015. Thank you for your support!"

Seems like a long way too go on this one.....have to say I am pretty tempted jumping in for the Alpha, but I have a few months to decide:)

undercovergeek

50 mins of gameplay

Combat (which looks great)

MengJiao

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 26, 2014, 05:24:11 AM
50 mins of gameplay

Combat (which looks great)

Well, the trebuchets alone are too good to pass up.  I'll get some big pistols (like Howtizer, pistol is supposedly a Hussite word, or at least invention) and an adze or an axe or an adxe or mattock and make do with those.  If the Alpha turns up...I'm in there too.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Stryker07

Yes please!!! This looks outstanding!
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog
GG's War in the West
Panzer Corps

Toonces

Day 1 buy.  Early access if that's available.  Just TAKE MY MONEY!!!11!ONE!!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Martok

I'll happily wait til it's fully patched and playable, but it does still look like one to get. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Grim.Reaper

Looks like October 22nd is the day for alpha release....this will be made available to people who back the game, I believe for $45...another video below.

I am very close to pulling the trigger on this one....a game without magic and dragons in medieval times, exactly what I would want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVZXU6Xs-x8