Pax Porfiriana

Started by binkman, September 25, 2016, 09:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

egg_salad

A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

l'amour

Sorry for the delay.

I've bought the topple card. I'm using the -1 modifier so tripartite is currently:
+2 Diaz
-1 Modifier
+0 for the 2 lowest Loyalty (Red & Black)
Total: 1

Check the log and let me know if I've missed anything and then in order say whether you will flip your Hacendado. After it gets back to me I'll update the log and see where we are..

binkman

rstites25

I'll pass as well, since I have no loyalty to add. I think Mike will have to flip his Hacendado or else l'amour will win, correct?

l'amour

If Mike flips his then the two lowest will be Mike (1) and Woodall (0) putting tripartite at 2.
If I flip my hacendado I'll be on 3 so I think I might win anyway, unless I've missed something...

rstites25

Quote from: l'amour on November 15, 2016, 06:17:12 AM
If Mike flips his then the two lowest will be Mike (1) and Woodall (0) putting tripartite at 2.
If I flip my hacendado I'll be on 3 so I think I might win anyway, unless I've missed something...

Ah. I was thinking you had to flip your card first, so didn't look to see if you could get a loyalty.

egg_salad

I am very bad at tracking the various win conditions for this game.

Are we done?

l'amour

Player who buys the topple card flips last! I'll be on 3 to the tripartite 2.

I think it might be over...

rstites25

Quote from: l'amour on November 15, 2016, 10:15:23 AM
Player who buys the topple card flips last! I'll be on 3 to the tripartite 2.

I think it might be over...

I think you're correct (I was working purely from memory). With new players, we should have played with the variant that you use the top 2 opponents instead of the bottom 2. Much less likely for a victory to sneak up on everyone.

Nonetheless, well played.

egg_salad

l'amour

l'amour

I'm not sure if Vassal/PBF is the best format for this game. It's nice to get a game in (after quite a break) but the immediacy of face-to-face is, for me, an important part of the game.

rstites25

I think the biggest problem is the tendency just to review the file immediately preceding your turn, therefore missing out on what the other players have been doing/how they did it.

l'amour

Woodall

The open hands and disjointed log format are decidedly terrible for this game. That said, I never regret a game with you fine gentlemen.