More Headline News From Maine

Started by mirth, July 31, 2015, 10:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

On the ambulance, we'd often have to transport medical patients out to bumfuck country land. Doesn't matter what direction you go in, eventually you're going to have miles-long fencelines by the freeway and herds of cows. We'd turn the PA system on and moo into it to see how many of them would look up. You'd be surprised how many do.

Though one day the shift supervisor said something to the effect of, "Don't moo at cows anymore, the farmers are complaining that it makes their dairy cows not produce milk."  :2funny:

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

panzerde

Everywhere needs more Swedish chicks.  <:-)
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Except Sweden. Those Schmucks with their fancy little meatballs, they don't deserve them.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Ubercat

Sweden has plenty of Muslims to rape their women, now. They're too busy to waste time on us.  :(
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

OJsDad

Now I know what Mirth lookslike

QuoteMan wins OK to wear goat horns in driver's license photo
By MARINA VILLENEUVE
Associated Press

AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) -- An ordained Pagan priest finally has gotten the OK to sport goat horns in his Maine driver's license photo.

Maine resident Phelan Moonsong said that unless he's sleeping or bathing, he always wears his goat horns, which serve as his spiritual antennae and help him educate others about Paganism.

But Moonsong is questioning why he had to appeal his driver license's photo to the state after explaining his religious beliefs to Bureau of Motor Vehicle staff. Plus, he adds, the horns didn't obstruct his face.

The Maine Secretary of State's office said the state was not familiar with his choice of headdress and had asked Moonsong for more information to review the issue. A spokeswoman said the state allowed the goat horns because Moonsong cited their religious purposes and also because they didn't obstruct his face.

Maine motor vehicle staff can hold license photos for review if they have a concern about religious headdress.

Moonsong said after he applied for an updated driver's license in August and explained his religion to a motor vehicles employee, he was told to appeal his photo to the Secretary of State's office.

He said he provided more information to the Secretary of State's office. But when he contacted the Bureau of Motor Vehicles in late November, he said he was told his ID was rejected - which was news to him.

Moonsong then filled out an application for legal assistance from the American Civil Liberties Union, which recently told him it was unable to take his case.

"What I was requesting should have been accepted according to what was written in statute and in guidelines," he said.

It should be no different than a nun wearing a habit, or a Sikh wearing a Turban, Moonsong said.

But, he said, he was happy to receive his new driver's license last week.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

I don't have an elastic band in my beard. That's just weird.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 09, 2016, 07:37:09 PM
My Brother-In-Law has cows. He usually just blows his truck horn. It's easier on the vocal cords.

An appropriate use of technology.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Sir Slash

Well that guy looks so much like a goat anyway, why not with the horns? What I want to know is how does he press the gas pedal with cloven hooves?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

DoctorQuest

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Sir Slash

No no. They rolled there by themselves. Like they do into the side of my truck when I park a quarter mile from any at Wal-Mart.

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 22, 2016, 03:51:31 PM
No no. They rolled there by themselves. Like they do into the side of my truck when I park a quarter mile from any at Wal-Mart.

Then I find it extremely disturbing how well organized this bunch was. I fear the beginning of CartNet.

Sir Slash