Field of Glory Empires MP Game New Thread.

Started by devoncop, June 04, 2019, 01:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Latest move in the game may give the Saba a lifeline as my Egyptian relief column was going to have to battle through Arabia to get to them as Arabia had been steadfastly refusing to ally with Egypt despite being happy to take bribes (sorry I mean "subsidies").

Then it appears Judea for reasons best known to itself, ignoring the Judea/Palestine Treaty decided to move West rather than East and seems to have got into a war with Arabia.....Arabia then reconsiders and asks Egypt for an Alliance  :)

I now have a supply source and free passage down to help the besieged Saba within a couple of turns as long as the Judeans back off.....

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

JasonPratt

I saw Arabia expand south, off in the distance, which was interesting as I hadn't seen that before. (I stay pretty focused on my area. They're still a few territories away from me.)

In another year,
Just in time a wall.
Kindred run away,
Likely to return.

Despite my perilous situation, we're doing reasonably well. I think it's hilarious that I'm by far the highest ranked CDR player in the game right now! -- and #2 among all 77 factions! As someone else pointed out, my relative lack of decadence is surely a big contributing factor: we barely generate any from properties, we have cultural power out the wazoo, and having only one territory keeps our focus pure I guess. Plus we generate a steady 6 points of legacy or more per year, so we're staying fresh and culturally active. (Naturally other players are pulling away from me in this regard, but I was ranked in the top ten for a long time.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tuna

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 09, 2019, 06:14:08 PM
I saw Arabia expand south, off in the distance, which was interesting as I hadn't seen that before. (I stay pretty focused on my area. They're still a few territories away from me.)

In another year,
Just in time a wall.
Kindred run away,
Likely to return.

Despite my perilous situation, we're doing reasonably well. I think it's hilarious that I'm by far the highest ranked CDR player in the game right now! -- and #2 among all 77 factions! As someone else pointed out, my relative lack of decadence is surely a big contributing factor: we barely generate any from properties, we have cultural power out the wazoo, and having only one territory keeps our focus pure I guess. Plus we generate a steady 6 points of legacy or more per year, so we're staying fresh and culturally active. (Naturally other players are pulling away from me in this regard, but I was ranked in the top ten for a long time.)

You're just such a cultural mofo you are !

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Pratt always has been, 'cutting edge' around here. Doesn't surprise me.  :notworthy:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on August 09, 2019, 10:08:57 PM
Look at Mr. Fancy over here.

To be fair the thought of being regaled by Sabaen poetry if we see off their tormentors is a far bigger worry to the soldiers of the Egyptian column than the enemy troops they will have to fight to get there....... :hide:

JasonPratt

The poetry is getting repetitious, but that's also true about my turns at this point.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

AI Bactria really blew stuff up for me :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on August 10, 2019, 09:41:33 PM
AI Bactria really blew stuff up for me :/

Holidays .......The devils work  :)

devoncop

The Papyrus Spysheet

Bringing you all the News..... (that is approved by the
Censor)

Turn 18

This third edition of the Spysheet covers explosive events in the East as The ferocious war between the Seleucid Empire and its enemies the Mauryans to its East and the Saka to the north.

Almost immediately the Peace Treaty beteen maurya and the Seleucids expired the Mauryans, citing terrible injusices being inflicted upon Indian citizens living in the remote and corrupt Satrapies of the Seleucid Empire  swept across the border and pushed west but were met by a huge Seleucid Army prepared in anticipation. After initially holding the Seleucid host the Mauryans were pushed back but heavy casualties on both sides were reported.

Simultaneously however the Saka rode their steeds south and descended upon the Seleucid territories on their border but also significantly upon those of the Bactrian Kingdom which as a client state of the Seleucid had been subject to entreaties from the Mauryan and Saka coalition to break from the Seleucids and from the Seleucids to stay loyal. In the event the Bactrian King decided to retire to his Summer Palace with his assorted female "advisors" and camels to think about matters at his leisure. Sadly  events overtook this cunning plan and the Saka hordes have swept through the Bactrian lands forcing the King back from his distractions and forced to actually assume the responsibilities of his office.

Meanwhile the Saka action and a determined Mauryan counter attack has split the Seleucid Mauryan conquests off from the rest of their holdings and an emergency levy of Mercenaries at great cost had to be raised by the Seleucids to stabilise matters.

Now however a new actor appears to be pouring fuel on the fire as the Antigonid juggernaught, after much prevarication has elected to join the conflict on the side of his Diadochi colleague. The sight of the two largest Empires now allied has caused shockwaves throughout the known world.

[u]A Land Down Under[/u]

Whilst great Empires ebb and flow to the north the bloody fight for survival by the Sabeans far to the south has continued with last ditch defending of the capital combined with a desperate wall building exercise by the humble citizens so far seeing off multiple threats but its military are exhausted and in a last ditch effort envoys were smuggled out of the besieged city to reach out for help. In the early hours of a cold winter night Ptolemy was awoken in his Palace and a decision was made that the Saba and their famous dam must be saved. An Egyptian expeditionary force has been despatched to try and save them. It is a race against time. To assist the rescue mission Arabia joins an Alliance with the Ptolemaics and allows the relief force to resupply only for Judean troops to become involved in fighting with the Arabians many hundreds of miles from agreed Judean area of operations.

This situation is developing.

The Picts Awaken

Almost two decades of partying hard and scraping out a living in the glens has finally ended as Pictish forces move south it is to be seen if their warring cousins in England will unite to see off the threat
or be taken down together..........

Epirus in Control ?

Greece appears now firmly dominated by the Antigonid "enforcer" Epirus. The independent City States have been cowed and Macedon destroyed by Antigonid and Epirus forces. So where now. Should Rome fear ? Whilst given Antigonid moves East Epirus may feel somewhat less secure for now how long will this last and how long before all other nations in the region get "a visit" from the new boy on the block ?

JasonPratt

Many once again!
No more gold to pay.
Organize to fight.
Pray that we can win.

Not surprisingly the Qatabians returned again. These sallies against us are causing serious financial problems; although we're also trying to get a strike force up and running to gain more ground, and that costs cash.

If the game will allow me to sally forth my defenders, I have a decent chance of combining with my mobile task force and smacking the assaulters. To this end I have assigned them a general (though I thought I already did that -- I hope the game doesn't keep unassigning in between sieges, but I suspect that the game abstracts back my garrison troops when besiegers leave which of course would mean they have no commander again.) He'll need a game-turn year to get used to the troops and vice versa, but next year we should be ready to go: if the game will let us!

If the game doesn't let us strike out at the harassers while they're in range, I don't know what we're going to do. I've put all nine worker groups on financial duty, but under the circumstances we haven't been able to develop that property type, and our reserves are being drained trying to build an operational movement force. I have, nominally, three turns left before we're bankrupt; maybe a little more depending on when/whether the Qats withdraw to rest again, since then our production will be restored to normal and we may gain a little back.

In the last resort, I suppose I can disband the mobile brigade, and try to restore costs that way. But if I can score a substantial win by counter-attacking the sieging force while I have force superiority, I can buy myself significantly more time.

It's still a losing proposition unless I can take out the Qats' support territories around me, which are funding their war effort. The AI has not been lax developing them up from dirt (partly thanks to my own efforts in various ways). Each area is almost as well developed as we are (aside from our epic historical artifacts of course). And unlike us, they aren't being hampered in their developments by frequent invasions.

That calculus only slopes one way.  :hide:

(This is, I repeat, entirely my fault for playing poorly, while the AI has played the game much better so they deserve to be ahead here.)

devoncop

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 11, 2019, 12:41:50 PM
Many once again!
No more gold to pay.
Organize to fight.
Pray that we can win.

Not surprisingly the Qatabians returned again. These sallies against us are causing serious financial problems; although we're also trying to get a strike force up and running to gain more ground, and that costs cash.

If the game will allow me to sally forth my defenders, I have a decent chance of combining with my mobile task force and smacking the assaulters. To this end I have assigned them a general (though I thought I already did that -- I hope the game doesn't keep unassigning in between sieges, but I suspect that the game abstracts back my garrison troops when besiegers leave which of course would mean they have no commander again.) He'll need a game-turn year to get used to the troops and vice versa, but next year we should be ready to go: if the game will let us!

If the game doesn't let us strike out at the harassers while they're in range, I don't know what we're going to do. I've put all nine worker groups on financial duty, but under the circumstances we haven't been able to develop that property type, and our reserves are being drained trying to build an operational movement force. I have, nominally, three turns left before we're bankrupt; maybe a little more depending on when/whether the Qats withdraw to rest again, since then our production will be restored to normal and we may gain a little back.

In the last resort, I suppose I can disband the mobile brigade, and try to restore costs that way. But if I can score a substantial win by counter-attacking the sieging force while I have force superiority, I can buy myself significantly more time.

It's still a losing proposition unless I can take out the Qats' support territories around me, which are funding their war effort. The AI has not been lax developing them up from dirt (partly thanks to my own efforts in various ways). Each area is almost as well developed as we are (aside from our epic historical artifacts of course). And unlike us, they aren't being hampered in their developments by frequent invasions.

That calculus only slopes one way.  :hide:

(This is, I repeat, entirely my fault for playing poorly, while the AI has played the game much better so they deserve to be ahead here.)

With your garrison selected choose the "Exit" tab on the options above (I think it is next to the "Assault" tab.) . That will force them to exit the fortifications and engage enemy troops in your region that are besieging you.

Like you say make sure your best attacking stats General is attached the turn before and if he has a bonus stat related to the terrain in your Capital region so much the better.

Egyptian troops are about two turns away from you so if we judge it right we can hit them on the same turn. :knuppel2:

JasonPratt

The Qats have been hanging for two turns and then retreating -- and their own fortifications are not to be trifled with. This is why I want to hit them while they're hanging out in my space. So that'll be next turn.

devoncop

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 11, 2019, 04:37:44 PM
The Qats have been hanging for two turns and then retreating -- and their own fortifications are not to be trifled with. This is why I want to hit them while they're hanging out in my space. So that'll be next turn.

No problem.

I should be in the adjacent region to you with my Egyptian relief column this turn assuming I win v the independents. At  that point you should have a lot less to worry about !