NWS- Rule the Waves 2 bad service - Fixed+ by NWS!

Started by solops, October 23, 2020, 12:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old TImer

I'd never had any issue with NWS registration EVER.......until Rule the Waves 2.

In my opinion it is un-necessarily obtuse.  Wtf.  And it took awhile and a little pestering
to get my serial key, which you, ridiculously seemingly have to do twice.    I'm happy now
but I feel it could have been better.  I'm reminded of the old Jutland game that was ridiculous
to get registered.  And then when you at last got in....the game wasn't that great. 
It, and the company, died a justified death.

Hoping the same doesn't happen here.  I don't think it will.  Like I said I never had an
issue with them before.  Chris does a great job with support normally.  Now if I could
just figure out how to get Supremacy at Sea to work without an optical drive.  Looks
like it could be fun.  Very under-represented theater of play.  But it wants my damned
CD, which I can't provide.  The developers are long gone, the game is no longer
being supported so I'm without much hope.

Warship NWS

gregb41352

Can't really tell who you are by user name.. but.. RTW2 does have a grace period of up to now 4 days after initial install - in case I get busy. Not sure what the "twice" was about unless you needed a 2nd code for a 2nd PC or updated code. As to "better".. we have found nothing better then what we are using .. and we looked far and wide. We wanted reasonable security, reasonable cost, no 3rd party, and not intrusive..  Note, our protection system is nothing like what SES used.

NWS is not going away anytime soon.. SAS you can be played with out an optical drive, but if you do not have a drive to install it we can work something out. The reason for no direct DD option on the store is due to the agreement I have with the original designer so I can sell off the CD versions. As to support.. we can offer some limited support but it is no longer officially supported. I have seen very few requests for support even though a good number of gamers have picked it up over the past year.

Thanks and let me know if that helps.
Christopher Dean
NWS Wargaming Store
http://www.nwswargaming.net

Old TImer

Hi Chris,

I didn't mean to be harsh.  All in all, my experiences with NWS have been positive.
As to Supremacy at sea, I sent you a PM.

solops

NWS is very graciously and personally working through the problem with me.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Warship NWS

To solops.. thanks friend.

To gregb.. got the message.. and replied :-)

Thanks guys.
Christopher Dean
NWS Wargaming Store

Yskonyn

Perhaps its time for the OP to change the thread title.
It doesn't sound its valid anymore.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Old TImer

I'd agree with that.  Chris is working with me regarding Supremacy at Sea, a product that isn't even supported anymore.

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Old TImer

Have to amend my post.  Chris worked with me to get an un-supported game (Supremacy at Sea)
working on my computer.  I couldn't be more pleased.  And I'm glad the title to this thread has
been changed.

LoganismyHERO

I buy a lot of my Plastic Soldier Company 15mm stuff from Chris and while he doesn't always have stuff in stock he is responsive and seems to get things back in pretty quickly. He's my go to source for my 15mm plastic crack

Boggit

I think we should have a conversation about giving an annual Groghead Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze award for those developers/publishers that go out of their way to help support the gaming community. It's one way to express our thoughts and does some good to the brand image of the businesses that look after us. We could run it as an annual poll?

What do you all think?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Warship NWS

To all... thanks for the support guys. As always.. I am a wargamer first and foremost.. just like the rest of you wargaming fanatics.

Wargaming.. the ultimate positive and constructive way to keep the noggin hamster moving! ;)
Christopher Dean
NWS Wargaming Store

demjansk1942

Agree keep the customer service in a positive manner and you have a lifetime customer.

Warship NWS

Christopher Dean
NWS Wargaming Store