Grogheads 2014 Fantasy Baseball Season

Started by Bison, February 23, 2014, 07:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

It's that time of year again gentlemen.  The pitchers and catchers report soon and Spring Training is right around the corner.  Here is the link for the league:

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/grogheads

Marty Ward is the reigning champion of the Grogheads Baseball Universe.

Metaldog is co-commissioner. 

If you would like to play just sign up and stand by for the draft.  Also take a look at the scoring rules and post any suggestions here.  Thanks.

MetalDog

I am in.  I would really like to see the amount of participation we got last year.  I seem to remember everyone was trying their best until the bitter end.  Even Undercovergeek made a run.  A live draft would be especially sweet, but not neccessary.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

How are we scoring this year?  Head-to-head like 2 years ago?  Or season-aggregate like last year?

My draft for last year would've been perfect for 2 years ago  :-\

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

You should just be able to click the link and sign up that way Undercover.

We are looking at the league scoring over the next few days, but this will be the same as last season with aggregate scoring.  We can look at the overall league and shape the season.  Just let us know what you all would like to see.

Bison

And since Minnesota is in a rebuilding season this maybe the only time this year I get to say...

GO TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MetalDog

Just a quick aside, if there is enough interest in a head to head league, I would be glad to set one up for Grogheads.  If there are only a few of us, I run and have joined several head to head leagues.  We are always looking for players. 

Bison

Well it's just as easy to switch to a head to head league.  I'm good with either scoring method so we just need to know what the consensus is with the managers.

MetalDog

Don't mistake me, I am not trying to make waves.  Just thought if there was interest enough for both kinds, I would be glad to run the H2H.  If not, I know where you can satisfy your H2H jones.

Bison

Quote from: MetalDog on February 23, 2014, 10:13:25 PM
Don't mistake me, I am not trying to make waves.  Just thought if there was interest enough for both kinds, I would be glad to run the H2H.  If not, I know where you can satisfy your H2H jones.

Nah I didn't think you were.  We usually only average around 8 managers so I'm not sure whether we could support two leagues.  We can certainly try however.

bayonetbrant

my preference is H2H, but I don't care much either way.  I'm not joining another league somewhere else.  I enjoy baseball, but this is the only fantasy sport of any kind that I play, and it's mainly to help make sure y'all have enough numbers for the league to go forward :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

So far there are only two signed up.  Has anyone else attempted to sign up? 

25 days until I need to lock in the draft.

Arctic Blast

Logged in and followed the link...and don't see anything there letting me join the league.

Bison

Hmm...try and join at the baseball fantasy home page by searching for grogheads and using the url I put in the first post.

Marty Ward

If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!