Main Menu

Slitherine's Legions

Started by Bismarck, March 12, 2013, 10:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bismarck

Half off ($4.99) for two weeks. Looks ok.
Jim Cobb

Rogo727

Been playing this for two hours.... I'm amazed by this game.  I highly recommend this.  Can't wait for panzer corps and all the dcls.   Commander the Great War also. 

Nikodil

Yes, I haven't played enough to comment on the game play, but the port is nevertheless very good.

Staggerwing

Are we talking about Legion Gold for iPad? Nothing else shows for $4.99 at Slitherine with 'Legion' in the title.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

spelk

Quote from: Staggerwing on March 14, 2013, 06:16:38 AM
Are we talking about Legion Gold for iPad? Nothing else shows for $4.99 at Slitherine with 'Legion' in the title.

Yep. Legion Gold is it's name, I think. Although the icon in the app store had a banner across it with the word "Classic" on it. So perhaps it's called Legion Gold (Classic)?

http://www.slitherine.com/games/legion_ipad

I think it's just been tweaked to sit on the iPad, there are a number of titles using very similar mechanics (Chariots of War , Spartan, Gates of Troy, Legion Arena).

According to PocketTactics.com forums, Pip from Slitherine mentions that if Legion does well, they might give the engine an overhaul for the planned sequel, which is to be Chariots of War.

See here, halfway down...

http://forums.pockettactics.com/discussion/879/slitherines-legion-arrives-for-ipad/p2

We tried MP in Spartan, but the requirement to be online at the same time for battles made it a lot less popular than async MP modes. If Legion is as successful as we hope them perhaps we could look at a visual update, or for Chariots of War (it's follow-up), although half the problem is that we don't really have any of the original assets, and there are dozens of troop types etc.

Hope you continue to enjoy the game!

Cheers

Pip

Bismarck

Correct title really is "Slitherene's Legions" as I posted.
Jim Cobb

jomni

I'm impressed by this title.  It's not your usual stripped down iPad game.  Even Battle Academy is stripped down (scenarios).  Legion is pretty faithful to the PC game.