Games People Play on Friday!

Started by bbmike, May 24, 2018, 04:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

I'm starting one of these dammit! It's Friday somewhere and it's the start of my weekend!!!

More Civ4 Colonization for me. And yard work. And scotch.  ^-^
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Good call on the tune. Minis gaming Friday. Cold Waters for the weekend.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

No gaming for me until Sunday as we are renting our house out for West Point graduation. Once Sunday comes I hope to start my Nabatea campaign in Rome 2 TW and a campaign of Domina. And of course there will be more Field of Glory 2, I'm sure, because I just can't stop. Everyone in the US have a good holiday weekend...mine starts 8pm tonight. BEER ME

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

A very appropriate song for the thread, and a good song as well....nice pick bbmike!  Was getting into a Stellaris campaign when the new upgrade disabled all my mods.  Not sure what I'm going to play.  :-[

trailrunner

I'm having a friend over on Saturday.  He wants to play Crusader Rex, or if he brings his son, Axis & Allies D-Day as a commemoration to Memorial Day.

Sunday we're having another friend and his wife over.  We'll probably play something like Ticket to Ride.

Besides this fun, this is a four-day weekend for me and I'm really looking forward to it.   <:-)

Boggit

@bbmike - Good song! ... like Rayfer says very appropriate.

So far I've been playing some more Stars in Shadow with the Tinker DLC. I've still playing the Gremak after giving up on a previous game, as I was royally shafted by the Ashdar, and would you believe 2 pirate factions! :knuppel2:
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Barthheart

Alan Parsons is one of my al time favourite musical artists.  :clap:

Very exhausting and rewarding week so far. Backyard, gardens, and pool all set for summer. But man it's hard work doing hardworking all day... can't wait to go back to actual work and relax a bit... #:-)
Still more to do tomorrow, then it's supposed to rain all weekend.

Been squeezing in some Stellaris with the new stuff.. good so far.

Got a LnLT game setup with SDR for Saturday.

Have a great holiday weekend 'Murica.  <:-)

CJReich46

Quote from: Barthheart on May 24, 2018, 08:26:10 PM
Alan Parsons is one of my al time favourite musical artists.  :clap:

Very exhausting and rewarding week so far. Backyard, gardens, and pool all set for summer. But man it's hard work doing hardworking all day... can't wait to go back to actual work and relax a bit... #:-)
Still more to do tomorrow, then it's supposed to rain all weekend.

Been squeezing in some Stellaris with the new stuff.. good so far.

Got a LnLT game setup with SDR for Saturday.

Have a great holiday weekend 'Murica.  <:-)

You have a Happy Victoria Day!  :) Barth.

As for me,

I'm just in a funk. I have been playing a bit of Tales of Maj Eyal (reminds me of the old Angband days), Stellaris to see how 2.1 Niven is working out. I work Saturday (really short morning shift) and then off for the rest of the weekend including Monday.

Nice pick for song too. 

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

nelmsm

Four day weekend starting Friday. Going to finish Steel Division Boot Camp scenarios and then some. Like to get some Stellaris and either some Flashpoint Campaign Red Storm or Command Ops as well

Sir Slash

Double Celebration! Holiday weekend and finally got the Daughter and Son-In-Law out of the house and into their new place.  :clap:  There will be drinking and yardwork followed by drinking and gaming and after that, drinking and running nude through the house again. And drinking. I'm trying to master the mechanics of naval combat in Pillars of Eternity 2 while keeping my ship's crew happy with Fresh Fruit and Grog, the Rice Wine and Hardtack they weren't too thrilled about. Maybe there's an Island of Mc Donald's somewhere in the Deadfire. Have a Happy Memorial Day weekend Grogheads.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

It's my daughter's 5th birthday this weekend, so my mom is in town for the big party. Things will be hectic so gaming will be limited. However, in downtime it will probably be Battletech, Space Hulk: Deathwing, WH40k Inquisitor: Martyr and more DCS in preparation for Hornet.

I hope everyone has a happy and meaningful Memorial Day.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on May 24, 2018, 04:47:24 PM
No gaming for me until Sunday as we are renting our house out for West Point graduation. Once Sunday comes I hope to start my Nabatea campaign in Rome 2 TW and a campaign of Domina. And of course there will be more Field of Glory 2, I'm sure, because I just can't stop. Everyone in the US have a good holiday weekend...mine starts 8pm tonight. BEER ME

Started playing Thrones of Britannia.  Easy strathclyde (StrathClut) was interesting with its antiquarian obsessions with the (Yr Hen Olgedd) "the Old north (kingdom?)"
So now playing Normal strathclyde.

spelk

FlickJax

Battletech..gardening...beer... repeat