IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Discussion

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 28, 2013, 06:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Coming from DCS I really have a hard time enjoying the aircraft in BoX.

Their flightmodel seems quite basic and the fact that you don't really have a clickable cockpit, nor a detailed engine model makes me realise I am spoiled by the high fidelity of DCS's models.

VR performance and clarity in BoX is miles beyond DCS though! That's pretty awesome, I'll give it that!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

W8taminute

I meant to comment on this the other day but didn't get a chance.  Nice video Tuna!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Destraex

@Yskonyn I had almost hoped as much. Because I cannot really play il2 because of the lack of sound options. There is enough to muck around with in a flight sim without also messing with the sound every time a patch comes out. So I don't bother. But boy will I be tempted when BoX bring out a ww2 carrier module, which may be soon. Having said that, I did all this when il2 sturmovik had all it's expansions out for carriers back in the day - although their are some aircraft that may now be possible where Oleg could not get a license for them bakc in the il2 1 days.
I think playing BoX would give me what I had back in the original il2 days and not much more. Unless I want to do VR it seems. Which is better for some reason in BoX?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Skoop

Quote from: Yskonyn on January 04, 2019, 07:52:30 AM
Coming from DCS I really have a hard time enjoying the aircraft in BoX.

Their flightmodel seems quite basic and the fact that you don't really have a clickable cockpit, nor a detailed engine model makes me realise I am spoiled by the high fidelity of DCS's models.

VR performance and clarity in BoX is miles beyond DCS though! That's pretty awesome, I'll give it that!

Quite the opposite for me.

Granted the DCS jets are a league of their own, I find the feel of the WWII DCS planes quite lacking in feel of flight.  The different planes just don't feel organic to WWII as they do in BOX.  I think this has been an issue as I notice some of the DCS dev blogs noted man hours going into further WWII flight model updating.  The end result maybe really good, but their mediocre right now.

Tuna

My second video attempt.. Dropping the biggest bomb from the HE-111

Tuna

Tuna

Jarhead0331

Most excited to see Tank Crew develop...some great new airframes are also nearing release for Bodenplatte too.

https://il2sturmovik.com/news/450/dev-blog-214/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Tank Crew is not available in Early Access yet, right?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on February 04, 2019, 10:10:54 PM
Tank Crew is not available in Early Access yet, right?

Not right. It's been available for a long time now, but it's really early access. At this point I would only recommend it if you are going to play it in VR, which is absolutely amazing. Looks like a lot more content is coming this year though.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

I looked for it on Steam last night and it's not there...is it only available through 777? If there is some kind of campaign available now? If so I would check it out. During my Steam search I did find a a WWI tank game reminiscient of Bomber Crew but a bit more cartoony called, appropriately, Armored Tank Crew...release date TBA, for those interested. I slapped it on to my Wishlist.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on February 05, 2019, 09:27:31 AM
I looked for it on Steam last night and it's not there...is it only available through 777? If there is some kind of campaign available now? If so I would check it out. During my Steam search I did find a a WWI tank game reminiscient of Bomber Crew but a bit more cartoony called, appropriately, Armored Tank Crew...release date TBA, for those interested. I slapped it on to my Wishlist.

None of the EA stuff is available on steam as far as I know.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Tuna on February 04, 2019, 03:24:57 PM
IL2 sale from now to the 11th.  O0

Oh man so both IL2 Moscow and IL2 Kuban are on sale.  I only have money for one so the question is:

1. Moscow?
2. Kuban?
3. screw my budget and get both!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

I still need to dip my toe into Stalingrad but...I am afraid. I have been playing the tutorials in Wings of Prey and have become semi-competent to the point where I am ready to try an actual mission. I even dusted off my old Thrustmaster joystick. But I know Stalingrad is several degrees more difficult and I get the feeling it will chew me up.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd