Emperor of the Fading Suns...alive and kicking?

Started by Jarhead0331, December 18, 2018, 07:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Tpek

Great, now I'm once again longing for a proper remake/remaster of EotFS :(

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tpek on December 20, 2018, 03:52:52 PM
Great, now I'm once again longing for a proper remake/remaster of EotFS :(

You and me both, bruddah.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Tanaka

Apparently it is still alive and kicking? Will there be a remake ever??

W8taminute

^That's one of the developers if I'm not mistaken.  Ima gonna have to watch this video later on.  Thanks for sharing Tanaka!!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Tanaka

Quote from: W8taminute on August 28, 2022, 10:17:28 AM
^That's one of the developers if I'm not mistaken.  Ima gonna have to watch this video later on.  Thanks for sharing Tanaka!!

Sure seems like it. The video is very enticing and now that they are patching again and the game is finally on sale at GOG I'm going to have to pick this one up again. I'm hoping this all leads to a remake but don't want to get my hopes up too much as I am sure it would be really hard to do...

Gusington

^I bought it over at GOG just because of the patching and updating news.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Jarhead0331

The 1.5 patch has been released. If you have the game on GOG it will be updated to the "enhanced" version...and, I'm happy to say that yours truly is listed (twice!) in the credits. I'm so humbled to have played a little part in the history of this timeless classic.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

Good Stuff Jarhead.
I remember a friend tried to introduce this universe to me by giving me a game box of some kind years and years ago.
Sounded like the mechwarrior universe with space fleets. Must be a really good universe. :)
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

I'm going to have to revisit now that this new patch is out. 
Congrats JH on making it into the credits. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk