Assassins Creed heads to Anceint Greece!

Started by Jarhead0331, June 12, 2018, 10:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

glen55

I want an Assassin's Creed set in 2018 in Castro Valley, where you have to ride BART every day to your shitty job in the city. The twist is it's still 2016 at Abstergo and Trump hasn't been elected yet.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Gusington

^I feel I have played this somewhere before.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

trek

Thinking of buying this new AC because of the Ancient Greece setting. Of course I'm still only about halfway through AC Origins after all this time. I've enjoyed Egypt but I suspect I will like this one even better because of the aforementioned setting.

For those of you who are playing Odyssey I have a question. In origins I leveled up my character leaning just as much to the archer aspect as I did close combat with sword. I tended to attack enemy settlements and forts by eliminating many enemies at range with the bow before going in and dealing with the rest in close combat. I haven't watched any play-through videos as of yet on YouTube. Do you have the same archer option for your character in Odyssey as I've chosen in Origins? Using the bow is probably my favorite thing in Origins.

Jarhead0331

^Yes! There are three areas that you can focus on in Odyssey. Archer, Warrior and Assassin. I find all of the unlockable abilities to be very useful. If you like Origins and have a preference for ancient Greece, you'll love the game. Its really great!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

Quote from: trek on October 30, 2018, 11:59:11 AM
Thinking of buying this new AC because of the Ancient Greece setting. Of course I'm still only about halfway through AC Origins after all this time. 

I am already further in Odyssey than I ever got in Origins.  It is a bit more RPG, has more content and I enjoy playing as Kassandra (nice voice acting).

Quote from: trek on October 30, 2018, 11:59:11 AM
I tended to attack enemy settlements and forts by eliminating many enemies at range with the bow before going in and dealing with the rest in close combat.

The fun part is trying different things.  You can use your bow at range, you can get close and assassinate them or you can go in swinging a spear.
With the RPG part of the game you can unlock the abilities that suite your playstyle (Archer, Warrior, Assassin or a mix of them, like Jarhead mentioned).
A big plus is that at any time you can reset all the abilities to try a new playstyle.

trek

Thanks guys I appreciate the info. From your response and some of the reviews I've read most people seem to think Odyssey is overall an even better game than Origins. Some are even saying it's the best AC ever.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

glen55

I haven't played all the Assassin's Creed games: maybe half or a little more. I always have fun for a while and get bored.

Not this one. This is BY FAR the best AC game I have played. I'll put it this way: by far my most fun ever in AC has been the naval bit in Black Flag, but here the naval combat is just as fun, and probably better because the ocean is bigger, yet I have my most fun playing on land. Not only have they added satisfying RPG elements, but the melee combat is GREATLY improved over what AC games have provided in the past. Reminiscent of Kingdom Come Deliverance except a bit easier to grasp.

Huge map, scores if not hundreds of quests, and they never got lazy on them, either: almost all the quest-givers are developed into characters. Better-than-usual story, too, with excellent voice-acting by the mains, Kassandra and Alexios (you pick boy or girl at the beginning and get to be K or A). And you get to meet Socrates, Hippocrates, Pythagoras, Demosthenes, Alcibiades, Pericles, Euripides, Sophocles and many more.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Gusington

You sir...are speaking my language. You should work for UbiSoft's marketing department. Hard to resist buying this until I finish Origins.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

glen55

Quote from: Gusington on December 18, 2018, 12:32:39 PM
You sir...are speaking my language. You should work for UbiSoft's marketing department. Hard to resist buying this until I finish Origins.

Even my wife is hooked. First time we've been hooked on the same game.

But there's always the "better price" aspect of waiting.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Gusington

My OCD has some effect on my purchasing. But posts like yours makes me wants it/needs it more. Plus some of the most fun I've ever had gaming was in the naval sandbox in Black Flag. I rationed playing that game just so I could go back to some fresh content periodically.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd