Assassins Creed heads to Anceint Greece!

Started by Jarhead0331, June 12, 2018, 10:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

^yup. Like I said, I'm downloading now. Not pre-loading, but downloading. I'm looking forward to this one more than any other asscreed since the third one that took place in colonial America.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Kind of looks like Assassins Creed Origins with a different coat.
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

It is very similar, but there are notable differences. Choices seem to be much more important and appear to really matter.  Additionally, the new exploration mode adds incentive to searching the map for objective clues and key locations. All points of interest in this mode are not shown with markers on the map, as it was traditionally in past titles.

Ultimately, if you like the series in general, you will like Odyssey.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

I didn't complete Origins, but I did like it alot. Much more than my previous attempts to get into the series.

I do like the "arena" - so maybe I'll pick it up at some point. I'd like to try and finish Origins first. Plus there's RDR2 coming out along with X4  <:-)
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 03, 2018, 07:55:39 AM
I didn't complete Origins, but I did like it alot. Much more than my previous attempts to get into the series.

I do like the "arena" - so maybe I'll pick it up at some point. I'd like to try and finish Origins first. Plus there's RDR2 coming out along with X4  <:-)

Yes...no shortage of options. X4 isn't coming out until 11/30. I'm trying not to let myself get too excited over it. I mean, Rebirth was supposed to herald the second coming of Christ, and we know how that turned out.

Basically, I really liked Origins too, but I'm much more interested in ancient Greek history than I am Egyptian. And, really...it has Spartans. 'Nuff said.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Gusington

What year does Odyssey begin in? I thought I would have no interest in Origins until I learned that it was set in 1st century BC Egypt, colonized by Greeks and Romans. And I didn't finish it yet either but I really enjoyed it.

But...BUT...I am also much more interested in Greek history, and definitely the Spartans.

I wonder if Rome is next...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on October 03, 2018, 05:38:46 PM
What year does Odyssey begin in? I thought I would have no interest in Origins until I learned that it was set in 1st century BC Egypt, colonized by Greeks and Romans. And I didn't finish it yet either but I really enjoyed it.

But...BUT...I am also much more interested in Greek history, and definitely the Spartans.

431 BCE
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 03, 2018, 06:08:57 PM
Can't wait to Friday and I am off work:)

I'm 4 hours in and enjoining it immensely.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 03, 2018, 06:04:47 PM

431 BCE

Interesting pick of a chronological point since from about that time, the Greek homeland steadily loses power to Magna Grecia (Sicily and Southern Italy -- the Latin name "Great Greece" kind of says it all) and Persia (which runs things in Greece either as Persia or later as the Persians as run by various Macedonian factions).  I guess the assassins work for factions outside of the original Hellenic area?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: MengJiao on October 03, 2018, 09:09:04 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 03, 2018, 06:04:47 PM

431 BCE

Interesting pick of a chronological point since from about that time, the Greek homeland steadily loses power to Magna Grecia (Sicily and Southern Italy -- the Latin name "Great Greece" kind of says it all) and Persia (which runs things in Greece either as Persia or later as the Persians as run by various Macedonian factions).  I guess the assassins work for factions outside of the original Hellenic area?

The relevance of the date is the start of the Peloponnesian War, which factors heavily into the world and story line. You know you are playing a game loaded with content when it takes 4 hours and 30 minutes to get through the prologue. I finally have a Corinthian helmet. I'm happy.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

jomni