Assassins Creed heads to Anceint Greece!

Started by Jarhead0331, June 12, 2018, 10:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I've spent about 5 hours with Odyssey and I can tell it's going to be great. My favorite of all time is Black Flag. I love Origins too...Odyssey, Origins and Black Flag are my top 3...even in this early stage with Odyssey.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

glen55

Quote from: Yskonyn on May 10, 2019, 06:24:51 AM
I still have the Pirate themed one shrinkwrapped on my PS4 drawer. It's supposedly a great game in the series, but I just haven't come around to playing it.
While I absolutely loved the attention to detail of the world in the first two games, the gameplay really was much too repetitive for me. I think that fear is what's might hold me from starting the above game.
Has the gameplay loop been improved at all with the later games?

Very much so. The combat has gone from horrible to excellent, and there is a full-featured RPG with multiple upgrade paths under the hood, not to mention tons of variable loot.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Gusington

Aren't there also massive battles with dozens of hoplites on each side that the player can participate in? Can't wait for those.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

Picked up Odyssey in the daily deal on ps4 a few days ago. Will start it up today and see what gives.  :bd:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

My favorite one in the series followed very closely by Black Flag and Origins.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

Having fun so far.
Just got the big ship and will head to the mainland next.

The only thing that irks me is that movement speed is off.
Running seems to be at 1.5 x realistic speed.
Very weird with the otherwise realistic-like style.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

IIRC I felt similarly about running but I loved the naval part of the game.

Damn now you have me hankering to go back...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd