Assassins Creed heads to Anceint Greece!

Started by Jarhead0331, June 12, 2018, 10:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Tpek

I bought AC Odyssey through Humble Store, and got with it the (yet to be released) remastered version of AC3.

I wonder if I should continue my game of AC3 of which I'm in the middle (in the middle of procrastinating :P ), or wait for the remaster and spend all those countless hours all over again.

Yskonyn

Still weird that they didn't call this Assassins Greece.  L:-)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Gusington

Just started to play this and the hype is pretty justified. It feels like the Witcher set in ancient Greece...if you're in to that sort of thing. After 2.5 hours of play I got up to level 4. Intro to the world is gradual and accessible. Combat is fun and so is tricking out your avatar with armor and weapons. Can't wait to see more.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Agreed Gus. I got this on PS4 a couple of weeks ago and I just finished what could be considered the intro. Loving it so far and I think ubi took the right approach here.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

How long was that intro for you? I am assuming it was just on that first island to get you leveled up enough to not get slaughtered further out in the world. I can't wait to see the bigger cities.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on May 09, 2019, 12:33:47 PM
How long was that intro for you? I am assuming it was just on that first island to get you leveled up enough to not get slaughtered further out in the world. I can't wait to see the bigger cities.

No idea really as I was playing here and there. Maybe 10 hours because I was exploring and doing side quests but I imagine if you are speed running you can do it in a quarter of the time or less.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

After many years of buying the early installments of the series on sale (I think I'm up through 3, though not the remastered edition of course), I have finally managed to get over my annoyance and disappointment with the first entry enough to load up 2 tonight and kick off Ezio's epic saga this weekend!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on May 09, 2019, 05:27:08 PM
Nah this is one to savor.

Agreed which is why I took my time. I didn't 100% it but did a good amount on the island.

Ian C

Have they fixed the framerate / stuttering bug on this yet?

Yskonyn

I still have the Pirate themed one shrinkwrapped on my PS4 drawer. It's supposedly a great game in the series, but I just haven't come around to playing it.
While I absolutely loved the attention to detail of the world in the first two games, the gameplay really was much too repetitive for me. I think that fear is what's might hold me from starting the above game.
Has the gameplay loop been improved at all with the later games?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Pete Dero

Quote from: Ian C on May 10, 2019, 05:26:27 AM
Have they fixed the framerate / stuttering bug on this yet?

On my not so new pc I never had any issues.

Pete Dero

Quote from: Yskonyn on May 10, 2019, 06:24:51 AM
It's supposedly a great game in the series, but I just haven't come around to playing it.

Has the gameplay loop been improved at all with the later games?

It is the best game in the series.  I feel it is even a big improvement over the previous one (Origins).