Empire Deluxe Combined Edition now on Steam

Started by spelk, June 05, 2018, 05:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=20221.0

It's been on Steam quite a while. It has always been playable, this is just the 'official release'. I played the hell out of the original version back in the day and can say this is just as, if not more, fun to play. And the developer also indicated that he would work on Perfect General next!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

spelk

Ah thanks bbmike, I saw it pop up on my Steam release list and jumped on it.

Tuna

Why the heck would an 'ancient' program that was already written need a kickstarter? How much money did they request?

bbmike

It was re-written using the Unity engine and A TON of new stuff was added including a new AI. I seem to remember it being around $25US for two licenses.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

Quote from: spelk on June 05, 2018, 05:26:38 AM
Ah thanks bbmike, I saw it pop up on my Steam release list and jumped on it.

O0
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

Quote from: bbmike on June 05, 2018, 06:20:52 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 05, 2018, 06:02:56 AM
This game was AWESOME...in 1982.

And...

There is no way I could find enjoyment in this game today. It's just far too simple, and that's overlooking the eye bleeding graphics.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

bbmike

Can't help you if you don't like the graphics but it is certainly not simple. This guy has added and changed the base game quite a bit. It's worth looking at the manual to see what all has changed.
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

spelk

The older I get the less and less graphics matter to me, which seems a bit weird. But it could be just a failing of my eyesight! :)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: bbmike on June 05, 2018, 07:08:05 AM
Can't help you if you don't like the graphics but it is certainly not simple. This guy has added and changed the base game quite a bit. It's worth looking at the manual to see what all has changed.

You like the graphics, and think I'm the one that needs help?  :))

Seriously, though, thanks for the link. Enhanced looks better but still too simple for me. Build units, take cities, build more units, take more cities. No diplomacy, no real economy, no research, basic supply and resource collection,  no real TO&Es, simple combat, relatively speaking. Just not my thing, but enjoy and have at it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Tuna

I think I still have the disk in the cellar.

Tuna

bbmike

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 05, 2018, 07:17:50 AM
Quote from: bbmike on June 05, 2018, 07:08:05 AM

You like the graphics, and think I'm the one that needs help?  :))

Seriously, though, thanks for the link. Enhanced looks better but still too simple for me. Build units, take cities, build more units, take more cities. No diplomacy, no real economy, no research, basic supply and resource collection,  no real TO&Es, simple combat, relatively speaking. Just not my thing, but enjoy and have at it.

Well, I didn't say I liked the graphics. I just tolerate them.  :buck2:
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak