Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia

Started by Martok, November 14, 2017, 01:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I still have to dust it off and give it it's first whirl :/

Britannia didn't really seem to make much of an impact with an audience since it's launch, which saddens me.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Hofstadter

Cos everybody is waiting for the blood patch. Like every second thread in the steam forum is about it.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Gusington

I usually do not use the blood patches, except for the Warhammer games. What's the holdup here?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on August 16, 2018, 09:48:43 AM
I usually do not use the blood patches, except for the Warhammer games. What's the holdup here?

I'm bad about blood patches.  I never use them BUT wow!  The blood in Post Scriptum is the bloodiest I've seen (maybe the only blood-patch-like blood that I've seen) -- splattered on walls, all over the roof etc.

Gusington

Ugh that right there is why I don't use them.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Philippe

Does anyone here (like MengJiao or Destraex) know how to turn off the unit markers in battles ?  They really get in the way of taking panoramic screenshots.

You used to be able to nuke this kind of thing by messing around with an ini file, but I haven't managed to find it yet.

Is there a magic word I need to use to make these things disappear ?

(I'm talking about the little round symbols floating in the air above the units  -- there's a slider in options for making them smaller, but I haven't been able to figure out how to make them go away).
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Philippe on August 19, 2018, 03:47:04 PM
Does anyone here (like MengJiao or Destraex) know how to turn off the unit markers in battles ?  They really get in the way of taking panoramic screenshots.

You used to be able to nuke this kind of thing by messing around with an ini file, but I haven't managed to find it yet.

Is there a magic word I need to use to make these things disappear ?

(I'm talking about the little round symbols floating in the air above the units  -- there's a slider in options for making them smaller, but I haven't been able to figure out how to make them go away).

When you are in a battle, press the SPACEBAR and a special menu will display allowing you to change UI settings, which you can then determine what you want to see.  These will then become your defaults.

Philippe

Thanks! 

That was the magic word I was looking for.

Hofstadter

Blood pack and Allegiance Update on the 29th
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Gusington

^Saw that but couldn't find a price on the pack...must be 2.99 or similar.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

WallysWorld

The "Blood, Sweat and Spears" DLC is showing up as already added, but not yet installed in my Steam library.

"This DLC is similar in scope to the Blood & Burning pack for Total War: ATTILA, sharing some of its effects. It will be available for free to players that already own that content for ATTILA."
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Gusington

I don't usually buy the blood packs except for the Warhammer games, so I don't have it for Attila.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: WallysWorld on August 25, 2018, 08:28:52 PM
The "Blood, Sweat and Spears" DLC is showing up as already added, but not yet installed in my Steam library.

"This DLC is similar in scope to the Blood & Burning pack for Total War: ATTILA, sharing some of its effects. It will be available for free to players that already own that content for ATTILA."

Thanks for heads up, shows up for me too...

Philippe

Why is this game rousing so many people's ire?

It's a shame really, because with a little TLC and a few more DLC's Britannia could turn out to be the best of the bunch.  But the mixed reaction is going to dampen sales, which could keep that interesting future from ever happening.

I rather like this game, and a lot of other people are in the same camp.  But there seems to be a core of TW players (they're probably the ones that have been screaming loudly for the blood DLC) who really don't like it.

What's causing the polarizing effect?

MengJiao

Quote from: Philippe on August 27, 2018, 10:26:28 AM
Why is this game rousing so many people's ire?

It's a shame really, because with a little TLC and a few more DLC's Britannia could turn out to be the best of the bunch.  But the mixed reaction is going to dampen sales, which could keep that interesting future from ever happening.

I rather like this game, and a lot of other people are in the same camp.  But there seems to be a core of TW players (they're probably the ones that have been screaming loudly for the blood DLC) who really don't like it.

What's causing the polarizing effect?

I myself prefer the Rise of the Republic.  I think Late Dark Age Britain is a little over-rated as a phenomena of interest.  The rise of Normandy would be more interesting -- if probably beyond the mechanics of total war to manage.  The fall of the Etruscans seems like something the system can handle.  And of course vampires and ors and what not.  I think a more sophisticated medieval-centric game system (not Crusader Kings or any existing thing) would be a better game -- oh and rouse more ire (maybe it could have a vampire zombie outer layer to keep people from going nuts about the actual game mechanics under the hypothetical hood).