Main Menu

FRIDAY me

Started by Pete Dero, August 18, 2023, 03:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Still playing Baldur's Gate 3.

I need to have this finished before Task Force Admiral is released  :Dreamer: .

Have a wonderful weekend.

Gusington

More Aliens Dark Descent to punish myself (it's a great game but tough) with Baldur's Gate next.

It will be spooky season soon so I just bought the Winters Expansion for Resident Evil Village as well as Days Gone.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Mmmm...spooky season.  Got a hankerin' for a hunka' pumpkin spice fer sure.

Petting pups, reading rpgs, and doing the age-old thing of trying to talk to an elder parent about reality ("no, you can't stay here by yourself for much longer,") and not getting too many places in that regard as of late - never gets "easy," does it - so lump me squarely in the "fuck adulthood," crowd for the foreseeable future.

-hope I die before I get old(er) and in a preferably amusing or scandalous way, but I know it's going to be one of those diesel Dodge trucks with their tow mirrors fully extended clipping me in the skull on some janky two-lane somewhere that gets me in the end, so so much for Valhalla.

p.s. Apologies as this is too much like "stand up comedy therapy," after the fact, so oopsies and won't happen again.

Geezer

Back playing some WH40K Inquisitor Martyr.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Destraex

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on August 18, 2023, 04:19:51 PMMmmm...spooky season.  Got a hankerin' for a hunka' pumpkin spice fer sure.

Petting pups, reading rpgs, and doing the age-old thing of trying to talk to an elder parent about reality ("no, you can't stay here by yourself for much longer,") and not getting too many places in that regard as of late - never gets "easy," does it - so lump me squarely in the "fuck adulthood," crowd for the foreseeable future.

-hope I die before I get old(er) and in a preferably amusing or scandalous way, but I know it's going to be one of those diesel Dodge trucks with their tow mirrors fully extended clipping me in the skull on some janky two-lane somewhere that gets me in the end, so so much for Valhalla.

p.s. Apologies as this is too much like "stand up comedy therapy," after the fact, so oopsies and won't happen again.

Go for it Carl. It's comforting to hear others going through the same problems no matter where in the world we are.
It's hurry up and wait syndrome you have by the sound of it, grass is greener syndrome if you will. When your in the firing line you hate it, when your waiting to be in the firing line you hate it. Human nature not to be satisfied even when everything is almost perfect relative to the rest of the world.

It's normal to want to grow old gracefully or not at all. I hear it a fair bit. Especially from people witnessing their relatives grow old and suffer before them.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I been fighting Old Age since I turned 50. It always wins in the end but, DAMMIT, go down fighting! I'm gonna fight until they close the casket lid on me and even then they better nail the damn thing shut.  :grumpy:

Now everybody have a pleasant and game-filled weekend.  :Hug:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

smittyohio

Finally built a new rig after over 9 years, which is easily a record length for me to keep a PC.  I had replaced the graphics card once, but nothing else.  Now I can play more modern stuff at great settings, so I'm hittin' some Call of Duty WWII and Diablo IV.   Tried CoD on the old machine, but I got lots of odd graphics anomalies.   Getting Starfield for free with the CPU/GPU bundle I got.  Woot!

devoncop

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on August 18, 2023, 04:19:51 PMMmmm...spooky season.  Got a hankerin' for a hunka' pumpkin spice fer sure.

Don't apologise for the post of the day Sir.

All of us have either been there or will be there.

As it happens the senselessness of a pumped up Dodge bringing down the curtain in an instant and non drawn out way would probably be my ideal exit  :azn:

More JTS pbem's and Baldurs Gate . Not enough hours in the day.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Destraex

CaptainKoloth

Destraex

Two is company of heroes 3, so you are correct.
Three is the ww2 first person shooter, Hell Let Loose.

Anguille

I've been playing Imperiums Greek Wars. Still progressing in my campaign as Macedonia.