Main Menu

Alien: Isolation

Started by Jarhead0331, October 06, 2014, 03:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

lol

So it's broke. Well, there's a bug where Axel says he'll call an elevator and then just stands there.

Apparently re-loading a previous save could fix it

http://forums.alienisolation.com/forum/support/playstation-only-issues/ps3-issues/23549-bug-axel-calling-the-elevator-in-mission-2
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

The guy in that thread said it did - I haven't tried yet as I'm watching Aliens - I'll play it later with the lights out  ;D
Alba gu' brath

Toonces

JD-
Make sure you read some reviews on F1:2014 before you buy.  It is not being well received. 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JudgeDredd

The fix (loading a pre save) did work.

Toonces - I know. I think the main beef is that they have seemingly released an "interim" product with a next gen product following sometime in the future. Whether that's 3 months, 6 months or what I don't know. But seems a lot of people aren't going to pay full price for a product that's only a "stop gap".

Also, I did hear that the McLaren livery isn't the current livery but one "pre-season" agreed by McLaren to be in the game...apparently.

It does seem a bit mean to charge full price.

I don't know...it still seems to have the new car shapes, tracks (A1, Russia), turbo V6(?) engines and energy recovery system (whether they work or not, I'm not sure).

I'm not ready to move yet though anyway...thanks for the heads up though - I'll do some reading.

One thing I do wish is they allow importing of your old career - so your stats are kept and you can continue. They may well...I've just never finished a season and nor have I looked at importing (because I never finished)...but if they don't allow that, it's an option I'd like.
Alba gu' brath

GDS_Starfury

I dunno how it is in game but in real life the Russian circuit is one impressive track.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Toonces on October 19, 2014, 02:22:00 PM
JD-
Make sure you read some reviews on F1:2014 before you buy.  It is not being well received.
Toonces - where have you read where the game is not being received well? Reviews? Forums? If forums - which ones?

I find it a bit strange there's nothing on it over at SimHQ - in fact they don't even have a Forum for F1 by Codies  ???
Alba gu' brath

JasonPratt

Does F12014 have proper weapons, or is the Alien invulnerable again?

:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JudgeDredd

Slight thread crossover.

As long as it doesn't go on for more than half a dozen posts, it's ok (I think  ;D )
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Actually Toonces - nm

I found this review and suffice to say the lack of career progression is not something I want to buy into.
http://www.pcgamer.com/f1-2014-review/

This is indeed a stop gap.

I don't make a habit of sensible decisions when buying games - but I tend to try and not pay the same or more for a product that should be an update to the previous game when in fact it's a cut down version!

I'll wait for the proper F1 game...whenever that may be.
Alba gu' brath

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, back to THE ACTUAL THREAD TOPIC!  :buck2:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/9817-Alien-Isolation-Review

Our lives can now be complete, for Yahtzee has finally spoken. Guest starring Mum-raa.   :o

"Never let it be said I can't admit when I'm wrong, and I'll murder anyone who says otherwise."

Probably his game of the year, if I had to make a bet. (Though Mordor will surely be in the top five, too.)

TotalBiscuit is still busy recovering from holes in his stomach and, apparently, the new wife.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JudgeDredd

^ Ohhh. Thanks. I like his stuff.
Alba gu' brath

Toonces

Alright, four years late, but I'm just now getting into this game.

I have all the DLC.

I went ahead and booted up the story mode first.  I'm still on mission 2.  From reading some walkthroughs, I appear to be just before my first encounter with the Alien...

Which is the point of this post.  I friggin' hate little puzzle maze games where you have to look around to find the little "thingies" that you're supposed to press to allow you to move to the next point.  I mean, it infuriates me.  I went around and around in circles for probably 15-20 minutes before I finally looked up a walkthrough online to see what I was missing.  Oh, the "trap door" behind the bar on the floor...yeah, I probably never would have found that.  And it just happened again after I got past that part.

I know, for most people this is simple simon stuff.  But for me, I just hate the linear puzzle games.  I was about to boot the survivor mode, but it said it would ruin the story mode.  Ugh.  So I guess I gotta suck it up and play through the story. 

Having said that, the game is pretty, and the audio is awesome.  I still haven't seen the Alien, but I understand it's not much farther on, if I can find all the little thingies I have to press, pick up, stick in holes, etc.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

Not gonna lie, when the game said I had to go down the damn trapdoor AFTER THE ALIEN, I indeterminately paused the game. Because there is no way I'd go down that hole, FOLLOWING AFTER THE ALIEN!