What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, January 27, 2012, 09:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Print them at work for...uh...work purposes.

BanzaiCat

^ Yeah, thinking about that. It's a pain because the printer there doesn't always work and getting a job like a game stuck in there means when they fix it yet again it'll spit it out when I'm not there. Plus adding thicker stock to it doesn't always work when it's loaded. But I'll probably give it a try after I've had to change the titles of the files, since those show up in a report and I don't need sixteen game files appearing out there.

Bison

Who runs your IT?  Former Stasi?

BanzaiCat

Bison

Honestly its one of the detractions of purchasing print and play.  But I guess there are worse art and craft projects than building game components.

Bison

Learning the rules to No Retreat! and Napoleonic 20.  Plan on forcing the oldest to play thwith otherwise when I set up the board to work through the mechanics.

Bison

Taught Memoir 44 to the kids this evening and played out the Pegasus Bridge scenario. 

mirth

Quote from: Bison on April 03, 2018, 08:26:58 PM
Taught Memoir 44 to the kids this evening and played out the Pegasus Bridge scenario. 

You're a good dad  O0
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Cyrano

*sniff*

I taught my boy that same scenario six years ago.  Memoir '44 remains his #1 tabletop game.

He'll be co-running C&C:N at Central Command come June.

The future is bright!!
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

BanzaiCat

BanzaiCat

Seriously? Nobody gets the Timbuk3 reference? Y'all suck.

Anyway, just got Black Orchestra today, which I unboxed and took for a spin, as well as Raiders Of The Deep, which I'm really looking forward to as well. I've also got DVG's 1500: The New World, which I did an unboxing article for and will try solo here by the weekend I think.

Cyrano

I got it.

I juuuust kept walking.

Best player count for "Black Orchestra"?

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

BanzaiCat

I played it solo with little trouble. The game recommends you control two Conspirators at that level, which fits well considering the game's mechanics.

I watched Game Night play it with four players and they had a good time.

My thoughts right now (and this may change) is that more players means you need much greater cooperation and coordination as the turns will fly by quickly in a five- or four-player game (watch a bit of the video above to see what I mean).

The BGG community says the 'best' is three players, which I think I would agree with. I'd play it with two or three initially and then maybe do a four- or five-player game if you're of a mind to want to try.

Quote from: Cyrano on April 06, 2018, 09:52:21 AM
I got it.

I juuuust kept walking.

I guess if they did a fife-and-drum version with bagpipes you'd not take umbrage to this song so quickly? :P

trailrunner

Near the end of this ASL game.  The Italians are lined up that way because victory conditions require them to get enough firepower on the road, and they only way they can muster a decent attack is to string together a fire group of adjacent units.  Even with the feeble Italian squads, the US had terrible, terrible luck.

Cyrano

Quote from: BanzaiCat on April 06, 2018, 10:32:46 AM

Quote from: Cyrano on April 06, 2018, 09:52:21 AM
I got it.

I juuuust kept walking.

I guess if they did a fife-and-drum version with bagpipes you'd not take umbrage to this song so quickly? :P

QFT