Legends of Eisenwald

Started by Gusington, May 18, 2012, 12:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgb

Quote from: Gusington on July 10, 2014, 01:11:18 PM
Thanks for posting the above tgb...is the current version a beta?

Yes.

Just to be a little clearer, the Darklands analogy really just applies to the setting.  There isn't anything close to the interaction in town that the old game has.  Towns and villages are strictly for hiring units, healing, and picking up quests.

Barthheart

Quote from: tgb on July 10, 2014, 02:37:14 PM
Quote from: Gusington on July 10, 2014, 01:11:18 PM
Thanks for posting the above tgb...is the current version a beta?

Yes.

Just to be a little clearer, the Darklands analogy really just applies to the setting.  There isn't anything close to the interaction in town that the old game has.  Towns and villages are strictly for hiring units, healing, and picking up quests.

Ah.... thanks.

Nefaro

I picked this Early Access up over a year ago at Desura, but never tried it.  There had been too many reports of bugginess and crashes over that time, so I resolved to wait until it is done.  They gave me a Steam key for it, too, so that was good.

I'm not really sure if it's condition has advanced a lot in the time since I purchased it.  Perhaps it's more stable now?  I just figure it'll be a long wait for it to boil, like Zomboid, so I don't check on it too often.

Jarhead0331

This just released on Steam...any revised impressions?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 02, 2015, 04:10:20 PM
This just released on Steam...any revised impressions?

Had this since it's Alpha on Desura and still haven't tried it.   :idiot2:

I kept reading about widespread bugginess while it was in development.  Not sure if that's still the case now.

Gusington

'Mostly positive' reviews on Steam...love the look of it, still.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

FarAway Sooner

Thanks for the links.  I'd Searched the forums and not found anything more recent than last year, so thought I'd start a new thread, as the game is finally out of Beta.  It looks like Gus had the same thought I did.

Gus, "Mostly Positive" from Steam doesn't impress me much, but when I went looking for all the negative reviews, they were all a year old.  Sounds like the more recent reviews are generally quite favorable.

Gusington

^Yeah man...once I have enough money this will be my next purchase.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Gusington on July 05, 2015, 01:03:03 PM
^Yeah man...once I have enough money this will be my next purchase.

or, you could cover it for the website...  PM me
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd