Main Menu

Happy 4th

Started by JudgeDredd, July 03, 2015, 06:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

^Does that include Crispus Attucks-Clinton?

JD the new pup is a bit dirty and smelly! Clyde fits :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on July 04, 2015, 06:00:54 PM
^Does that include Crispus Attucks-Clinton?

Did someone say Clinton?

Again, props to Jason Heuser's art.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Staggerwing

Ronald w/ the shotty in the background...  :))
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Airborne Rifles

I just got back with the family from the concert/fireworks display at Trophy Point here at West Point. Man, what a view. As the light was fading over the Hudson we could see about five fireworks shows up and down the valley, to the tunes of patriotic music from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, kids running everywhere. I'd forgotten how beautiful this place is. Last time I was at this show I was just starting my military career. Tonight I was watching the  USMA Class of 2019 starting their journey. Inspiring. Hope everyone's 4th was as great!

MetalDog

Sounds like an awesome time, AR!  Glad you enjoyed :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

AR did you see me waving back at you from 10 miles to the north?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: Gusington on July 05, 2015, 01:06:27 PM
AR did you see me waving back at you from 10 miles to the north?

I was looking, but I think a low stone wall or something may have obstructed my line of sight  O:-)

Seriously though, if you wanted to come up for the event next year I'll reserve the plot of grass at the amphitheater and keep a parking spot open at the house.

Gusington

Thanks man. Last night I was basically a zombie after driving 400 miles to pick up our new dog. I was attempting to hide from the crowds of annoyances that had invaded our town and succeeded for the most part.

I have been to USMA for 4th of July (my father in law is a USAR Colonel - his favorite is the 1812 Overture) and it's always a good time.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Bison

A day late, but who cares.  Everyday is a good day for the National Anthem and guns.

Nefaro

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 04, 2015, 08:11:32 PM

Bill Clinton's pants are undone.   ;D

LongBlade

Quote from: Nefaro on July 05, 2015, 06:36:26 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on July 04, 2015, 08:11:32 PM

Bill Clinton's pants are undone.   ;D

Yes, but he is clearly not inhaling.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

BanzaiCat

Aaaand one less idiot in mirth's neck of the woods!

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/maine-man-tries-to-launch-fireworks-off-top-of-his-head-dies-instantly/

QuoteA Maine man died over the holiday weekend when fireworks he was trying to launch off of his head exploded.

The Bangor Daily News reported that 22-year-old Devon Staples was drinking with friends to celebrate the Fourth of July holiday when the accident occurred.

Maine Department of Public Safety spokesperson Stephen McCausland said that Staples placed a mortar tube on his head at around 10 p.m. and set it off. Staples was reportedly killed instantly from a fatal head injury caused by the explosion.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd