Dominions 3 MP game [Running]

Started by Yskonyn, February 21, 2013, 06:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

Huw, you clearly missed your vocation. Why did you never become a diplomat?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Yskonyn

Its quite marvellous actually, UG!
Llamaserver is a completely automaten system where one can make the game and the llama system will send turns to all players at the given interval.
The admin can change parameters like hosting interval on the fly. Usually we start with one turn every 24 hours, but this changes to longer intervals once we get further in the game.
I will only need your email address to which you want your turn sent.
Once played you mail your turn to llamaserver and it will update your nation on the player list so everyone can see who has sent in and who has not.
If the timelimit has been reached llama will send out the new turns regardless of all players being ready. Your nation will have a stale turn in that case.
So there is never waiting on slowpokes.

If a player wants to bail there are 2 options: turn the nation into an AI controlled nation or find a substitute player. The latter has preference.

Any more you would like to know? (But exact details will come once we have a sizable amount of players interested)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

legends are still told of my Ice Giant army excelling in Blood Magic - when are you guys thinking of kicking it off?

Yskonyn

If I have a say; whenever we have enough players.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

undercovergeek

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 01, 2013, 05:36:19 PM
If I have a say; whenever we have enough players.

goddamit - shogun II in left hand, Dom III in right hand - curse you all!!!

is me enough or will we still be in a holding pattern?

Yskonyn

We need moar!
You can start Shogun in the mean time. ;)

undercovergeek

my poor wilted bank card - fk it, its payday!

i call Niefelheim then!!!

Huw the Poo

So that's five of us so far - is that enough to kick off or do we wait for more?  How does everyone feel about adding some AI opponents?  (Personally I'm fine with that)

Yskonyn

Well the AI is just a filler.
I would go for upping the Independents' strength first, to be honest.
But 5 of us on a map like Cradle of Dominion is not enough.
With 8 players we could start.

With 5 we can as well, but we need to just go for a random map with a good size for us then.

undercovergeek

the mods you suggest at the start - should that be 1, then 2 then 3 or choose just any one?

Yskonyn

I mean to have them all installed, but the order is not important. Just dont forget to enable them in Dom 3 from the main menu.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 02, 2013, 09:07:45 AM
Well the AI is just a filler.
I would go for upping the Independents' strength first, to be honest.
But 5 of us on a map like Cradle of Dominion is not enough.
With 8 players we could start.

With 5 we can as well, but we need to just go for a random map with a good size for us then.

Well you know the game better than I do, but I think eight players will be pushing it to be honest.

In any case, I'm ready when you are!

undercovergeek

any idea why Dom 3 shows as free on Desura - is it a demo or something?

Yskonyn

Shows for 29.99 for me.
Only the demo has the 'free' flag.

Ubercat

I already have CBM installed. Aren't the other mods just graphics updates? Do all players have to have them all installed? I thought we could pick and choose, as it will only change the sprites on our own machines, or am I wrong?

I suggested Cradle of Dominion as it is very well balanced, not to mention gorgeous.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell