More Wargaming Goodness on the horizon

Started by Rayfer, October 30, 2019, 07:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

A Wargamer article detailing wargames still to come in the not too distant future.  I still say we are in a golden age of pc wargaming. https://www.wargamer.com/articles/war-games-for-pc-2019/?fbclid=IwAR1gv1ATn4pRNACOT6a_Yr9hCUOsvfWKw9PiHEeGFBObzE_vmAdn1t0Ln1g

Ian C

Quote from: Rayfer on October 30, 2019, 07:56:09 AM
A Wargamer article detailing wargames still to come in the not too distant future.  I still say we are in a golden age of pc wargaming. https://www.wargamer.com/articles/war-games-for-pc-2019/?fbclid=IwAR1gv1ATn4pRNACOT6a_Yr9hCUOsvfWKw9PiHEeGFBObzE_vmAdn1t0Ln1g

Terminal Conflict looks interesting  - https://store.steampowered.com/app/745970/Terminal_Conflict/

Anyone pulled the trigger on this one?

HoodedHorseJoe

I tried it a bit when it first came out but honestly found it a tad confusing, even after doing the tutorial. Love the aesthetic, but it seems to obfuscate the gameplay a little so I'm not actually sure if it's a good game or not.

That's a very layman's view. It's on the list to have someone more qualified to give it a proper look, just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

mbar

I've had my eye on Terminal Conflict for some time. I love the presentation as an old terminal computer but I agree it just looks confusing. I've watched many youtube videos and I still cannot grasp what is even happening with the game. I know I could just try it and refund but the price is too high for me to take the plunge on this one.

Rayfer

I'm interested in "Valor and Victory", "General Staff" and Grand Tactician"  Time will tell.

devoncop

"Grand Tactitian" looks to be a real Labour of love which can be both a blessing and a curse.

I am reminded a bit of the development of "Histwar" ....

I just hope it is more polished.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Martok

I wasn't aware the Supreme Ruler franchise was going into space.  Thanks for the heads-up; will keep my eye on that one. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mbar

Quote from: Martok on October 30, 2019, 01:11:12 PM
I wasn't aware the Supreme Ruler franchise was going into space.  Thanks for the heads-up; will keep my eye on that one.

Not just space but planetary. Not Supreme Ruler sized planets but there will be planetary battles.

HoodedHorseJoe

I almost didn't spot that one - got no PR about it at all, except there was a press release sent to one of my personal email accounts that I spotted.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Martok

Quote from: mbar on October 30, 2019, 02:17:42 PM

Not just space but planetary. Not Supreme Ruler sized planets but there will be planetary battles.
Yeah, I saw that as well.  It'll be interesting to see how they handle it; strategy/war-games with both space and planetary maps tend to be tricky affairs (still waiting for a proper EotFS sequel/remake). 

Quote from: WargamerJoe on October 31, 2019, 04:43:20 AM

I almost didn't spot that one - got no PR about it at all, except there was a press release sent to one of my personal email accounts that I spotted.
Not sure if it's any different from what was mentioned in the press release you received, but the game's Steam page has a bit of info. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MengJiao

Quote from: Rayfer on October 30, 2019, 07:56:09 AM

Gates of Hell looks...er..."gritty"...It's funny, cuz I've avoided Hell warmed over...but you know...the hell of WWII and so on...Hell, right now I'm interested in flying the I-16 in DCS so clearly any gritty hell is fine with me as long as its single-player.