Pillars of Eternity 2

Started by Sir Slash, May 10, 2018, 02:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Looks like you intercepted a booze ship based on the loot picture.

Sir Slash

That's probably why they couldn't fight worth a damn.  <:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I have to finish the first one and the DLCs at some point so I can get this new one and not play it for a year.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

A big up-date today. We will see....
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 07, 2018, 10:15:14 PM
A big up-date today. We will see....

Another big update: turn-based battles -- That's my speed.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I played quite a bit but got stuck trying to take on the giant crystal spider thingie and the iron colossus thingie.  I get wiped every time and barely manage to scratch either of them.

MengJiao

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 22, 2019, 06:31:06 PM
I played quite a bit but got stuck trying to take on the giant crystal spider thingie and the iron colossus thingie.  I get wiped every time and barely manage to scratch either of them.

Early on its pretty retro...reminds me of say, Ultima 6 or something like that.

Sir Slash

I dunno SDR, maybe you've gotten farther in the game than I have or I don't remember those enemies. I probably did fight them and just don't remember. I always look at the Combat Box at the bottom right to see who's hitting and how much damage they're doing and if they're not getting their licks in, I switch their weapons around. Also buff your group BEFORE and during combat if you can or need to. Usually big enemies by themselves can only go after one of your group at a time so have the rest try to flank him for extra damage. Summoning in some help can also distract a single opponent. And you can always drop the difficulty level if all else fails.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Here's the giant crystal spider thingie.  It's on an island in the NNW area near the massive storm.

Here's the giant colossus thingie.  It's SSW on another island.

All my characters are lvl 19 or 20.   They don't stand a chance against these things.  I've read some how-tos and they basically all tell me I'm boned because I didn't choose the right progression path.  I did fiddle around and custom made a party with the right skills and equipment but still only managed to get the spider down to about 66% health on my best effort.

Ubercat

Same thing happened to me in the first PoE. I reached some boss that I couldn't touch after 53 hours of play (just looked). I wasn't starting over so I packed it in.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

-budd-

As Sir Slash says, drop the difficulty down, then raise it after that section. As I suck at these game types I never would of finished POE1 without the ability to lower the difficulty at certain times.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Sir Slash

You are definitely ahead of me SDR. I haven't run into either of these 'Mothers'. This game should warn you if the quest or enemy is too tough for you with the skull & sword icon but at level 20, that's at the top of the game's level so.... You could try swapping out NPC's in your party if there's some that are better at handling these 'types' of enemies or weapons that can do more damage against them.

airboy

I dropped the iron robot thing on medium.  The spider thing I looked up what the tiny spiders were vulnerable to and hit it with that.  The spider was not that bad but the iron thing was tough if I remember right.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'm finding that I have more luck against the colossus than I do against the spider but both are brutal.  Looks to me like all the little spiders act as buffs to the big one so you have to kill all of them in order to lower its defences to the point where you can damage it.  The problem is that there are 4 or 5 nests that keep churning out more of the little ones and they can take a massive amount of damage.  I'm able to game it a bit by putting my thief into stealth, sneaking off to a corner and plinking away at a couple of the nests with arrows but once the fight starts, I can't knock the little guys down fast enough to avoid getting killed by the big one.  The poison/paralysis combo is what does me in even with potions and scrolls that are supposed to mitigate against it.

The colossus thing seems vulnerable to corrosion and electricity attacks but it spams delayed blast fireballs all over the map and fire heals it.  I can't damage it fast enough to take it down before I run out of fire protection stuff.

Sir Slash

You're scaring me. I'd like to talk about something else now.  :hide: