Main Menu

Novice Gamer - hello

Started by Blackndecker, September 25, 2016, 06:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackndecker

Hi all! Heard about the forum after stumbling on the Grogcast podcast. I'm an irrationally exuberant new comer to the hobby, although I was very hooked on the old Axis and Allies and the original PC version of Harpoon as a kid. Started exploring the hobby late last year and already have more games than I can play.

Currently playing D-Day at Peleliu!

Aside from the budding interest in tabletop, PC, mobile, and console gaming, I spend my time reading military history, getting yelled at by my mandarin teachers, and foiling the schemes of my two kids. Looking forward to reading more from the forum and the mythical front page...

Barthheart

Welcome to Grgheads!
Having more game than you can play is a requirement for,this site.  O0

Staggerwing

Greets Blackndecker!
Pull up a chair. One of the Mikes ate all the donuts but there may still be some industrial-grade coffee in the carafe so help yourself.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

Did he say there was a front page?

bayonetbrant

Welcome!

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 25, 2016, 07:02:45 AMDid he say there was a front page?

Not for you there isn't.  You're forbidden from viewing it since you left your CKII AAR hanging in mid-dynasty ;)

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Blackndecker

Thanks for the welcome!

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 25, 2016, 07:02:45 AM
Did he say there was a front page?

It has mythical qualities, as far as I can tell from the GrogCast... Like the Holy Grail, the One Ring, Minsc's Boo, or the complete gaming collection...

MetalDog

Welcome, Balckndecker!  Hope the Grogcast hasn't given you expectations of our sanity.  Our passion for games, sure, but, a quick look around the forums and you'll see what you're dealing with ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

undercovergeek

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 25, 2016, 07:26:04 AM
Welcome!

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 25, 2016, 07:02:45 AMDid he say there was a front page?

Not for you there isn't.  You're forbidden from viewing it since you left your CKII AAR hanging in mid-dynasty ;)

THATS why i cant see it - yes im sorry about that

bob48

Greetings.

The only thing 'geek uses a front page for is to wrap his chips up in...........
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

you - you franco prussian war dodging baffoon - get back in line!!

bob48

Twerp - the Franco-Prussian war was in 1870-71, not 1806.

..and yer cod's gone soggy.

'Clip those corners'

undercovergeek

alllright allright napoleonic nerd

Sir Slash

Welcome Blackndecker. Great to have you with us, Front Page reader or not. Good thing whoever built this place added enough padded cells.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

...you can never had enough padded cells.

Or canvas jackets with extra long sleeves.................

'Clip those corners'