LLWS or Pre-Season Football?

Started by mirth, August 24, 2015, 08:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

How about a fork in each eye.  And bandages around your ears.

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

DoctorQuest

Pre-season football is a lot better if you turn off the sound.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

mirth

Quote from: DoctorQuest on August 24, 2015, 09:26:02 PM

So is most of the regular season.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

I believe Walter Matthau (the great actor that did movies like Grumpy Old Men and The Odd Couple) said he hated football announcers so much he'd mute the television and play classical music records, and greatly enjoyed the experience much more for it.

Listening to football announcers is like watching news reporters state the obvious...yeah, I JUST saw it, why do you need to say it out loud?

The only announcers I ever could stand were Pat Summerall and John Madden. The latter more because you never knew what goofy crap would come out of his mouth. Al Michaels wasn't too bad himself, either. But overall, muting and playing music is a much more entertaining option. Double bonus for having stupid commercials muted too.

DoctorQuest

Quote from: mirth on August 24, 2015, 09:33:47 PM
Quote from: DoctorQuest on August 24, 2015, 09:26:02 PM

So is most of the regular season.

Halleluiah. Can you say "mute", brother?

I like Al and Chris on Sunday Night Football. I can't stand Gruden on MNF. Most of the pre-season games we get here are team specific networks and those are the worst. Now you have announcers that are fanboys. "Yes, they are losing but aren't they GREAT!!!!???? Buy your season tickets NOW, folks!!!!!!!"

I have a dream where fans could listen to only the stadium announcer for a game. That's all you need.....
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.