Free WWII Microarmor Rules

Started by bayonetbrant, August 02, 2013, 05:22:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Not sure how long the link will be good, but here it is

http://www.wargamevault.com/shopping_cart.php?products_id=114889&src=sub
http://www.wargamevault.com/product/114876/Micro-Armour-The-Game-WWII-2nd-Edition-%28Full-Color%29

the official Micro-armor WWII rules.  All of them, too, not just some 'quick start' or something.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

ArizonaTank

Gotta love wargame vault.  I feel guilty that I haven't really ever bought much from them...  Just a great copy of micro-napoleonics
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Toonces

Wow, that's a lot of gaming for free.

I all the rules and TO&E's.  Nice find!   ;D
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GJK

All that I get is an empty shopping cart if I click that link however if I search for "micro" on their site, I see a lot of free micro-armor rules downloads for free.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GJK

----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Toonces

If you click on the little GHQ logo, there are a bunch of TO&E's and rules and all kinds of free stuff!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GJK

Cool thanks - downloading a bunch of very large pdf's now!
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

GDS_Starfury

the rules are free.
the minis not so much.
but I do love my GHQ minis!
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Toonces

Yeah, I was reading the rules a bit and they seem to be geared specifically towards the 1:285 scale or whatever that GHQ scale is.

Any preferred place to buy this stuff online?  I'm guessing my LFGS probably has assorted minis, I know he has a ton of FoW but I think that's a different scale.  I don't want to break the bank kitting myself out until I find out if my son has any interest in playing something like this with me.

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Toonces on August 04, 2013, 03:20:04 PM
Yeah, I was reading the rules a bit and they seem to be geared specifically towards the 1:285 scale

That's exactly what "micro-armor" refers to.

TheCommandTent

Yeah, I was reading the rules a bit and they seem to be geared specifically towards the 1:285 scale or whatever that GHQ scale is.

Any preferred place to buy this stuff online?  I'm guessing my LFGS probably has assorted minis, I know he has a ton of FoW but I think that's a different scale.  I don't want to break the bank kitting myself out until I find out if my son has any interest in playing something like this with me.

GHQ has a wide range on their website.  Let me know if you and your son decide to get into this.  I have some GHQ stuff that is lying around that I don't really plan on using.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: TheCommandTent on August 07, 2013, 07:24:08 AM

GHQ has a wide range on their website.  Let me know if you and your son decide to get into this.  I have some GHQ stuff that is lying around that I don't really plan on using.

Some more research over at BGG shows that this is a new version of the rules, and they are distributing them for free? I wonder if this isn't an attempt to clear out all that old 1:285 stock off of hobby store shelves? I know that the Sentry Box in Calgary has had some of the same dusty GHQ kits sitting around for at least 25 years.

bayonetbrant

I think they're trying to get more players in the door.  The 'freebie' is through Wargame Vault, so it's not like they aren't still trying to sell books or anything

GJK

Only speculation but I believe that many/most miniature manufacturers have or are moving towards the cheaper plastic/resin models.  Perhaps GHQ has something in the works for a new product line.

The other obvious guess is that just as you said Mike; there's a bunch of old stock lying around so maybe they're hoping for a revival of some sorts by publishing "new and free" rules. 

I haven't even looked at them yet - how recent are those rules? 
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer