Ships!

Started by mirth, April 28, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

QuoteRussian submarine Project 665. NATO reporting name Whiskey Long Bin

Album

http://imgur.com/a/GEuR5
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Windigo

Somethings are just too ugly... no pride in that Navy?
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

mirth

QuoteRoyal Canadian Navy Flower-class corvette HMCS La Malbaie (K273) underway in choppy seas.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

QuoteThe 7th Destroyer Squadron at Sliema, Malta. From left to right: Weapon-class destroyer HMS Scorpion (D64), Battle-class destroyer HMS Jutland (D62), Weapon-class destroyer HMS Broadsword, Battle-class destroyers HMS Dunkirk (D09) and HMS Trafalgar (D77), 3rd March 1961.

mirth

mirth

mirth

mirth

QuoteHMS Courageous off Yugoslavia, 1929.

mirth

QuoteGerman battleship SMS Lothringen photographed passing under the Levensau Bridge of the Kiel Canal before World War I

mirth

QuoteUSS LST-806 beached at Palawan Island, Philippines, with a wrecked Japanese Aichi E13A Jake Float Plane

besilarius

Wonder what the british version of this would say?
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

mirth

QuoteHMCS Bonaventure (CVL 22) with Grumman S-2 Tracker aircraft on deck. Late 60's.

mirth

QuoteUSS Antietam (CG-54) prowls the South China Sea while on deployment with the US 7th Fleet on 6 March 2016.

mirth

QuoteCNS 北极星 (Beijixing) and USS Stockdale sailing in the South China Sea. The Chinese ELINT ship is keeping an eye on the John C. Stennis Strike Group conducting FONOP.

mirth

QuoteImperial Japanese Navy Myōkō-class heavy cruiser 'Ashigara' prior to the Spithead Coronation Fleet Review, May 19th 1937.