Grogheads Fantasy Football 2014 Season

Started by Bison, July 14, 2014, 08:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty Ward

Well I had a little improvement in the Pro League. I only lost by 50 this week instead of 90!

Good luck in the championship guys. You had the two best teams all year so it's only right you play for the bragging rights!
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Bison

Quote from: Steelgrave on December 16, 2014, 08:19:28 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 14, 2014, 05:23:58 PM
You and Steelie both have teams that are able to advance.  Ain't over until the fat Viking sings.

Half a point sent me to the also-ran status in the poorly-named Rookie League, with five of my nine starters putting up fewer points than projected. A great game and much deserved win by Polar Vengeance.

What should the rookie league be named?  I was thinking "Grogheads Fantasy Football League for those who check their teams once a season," but that seemed excessively long.  :P

Steelgrave

Quote from: Bison on December 16, 2014, 08:49:05 PM
You and Steelie both have teams that are able to advance.  Ain't over until the fat Viking sings.

Half a point sent me to the also-ran status in the poorly-named Rookie League, with five of my nine starters putting up fewer points than projected. A great game and much deserved win by Polar Vengeance.

What should the rookie league be named?  I was thinking "Grogheads Fantasy Football League for those who check their teams once a season," but that seemed excessively long.  :P

Well, my point was that this is the second or even third season for everyone, so calling it the Rookie League seems odd. As for checking leagues once a season, playing actively in both leagues (as you are) I've only seen a very few instances where it seemed a team was dead sticking it, but that's happened in both leagues.

Bison

The distinction was not made based on everyone's experience, but rather the rookie league is an auto draft, non-keeper league where as the pro league is a live draft, keeper league.  Anyway in the end, it's all for fun and hopefully to add a little extra excitement to watching the NFL stats over the course of the season.

Steelgrave

Gotcha. That makes sense. Even though I've fared better in the Rookie League, I've enjoyed the Pro league more. The live draft was especially fun, even though more than once the guy I was going to draft went one turn before me, ha!

Next year I'll probably just play in the Pro League and let the Rookie League go. I think with the keeper/draft format, we have a winner here.

Bison

Your just happy you have Andrew Luck for the next 10 seasons!

Steelgrave

Quote from: Bison on December 16, 2014, 10:08:27 PM
Your just happy you have Andrew Luck for the next 10 seasons!

I took him as a rookie and it amazes me how under the radar he still is. Until last week, I believe he averaged over 26 points a game, with only two games in the high teens. So uh, yeah....he will be my keeper for next season. You can mark it down, lol.

Arctic Blast

Woohoo! A narrow victory based on the slimmest of margins!  :D

MetalDog

So it's me and you in the Rookie League and me and Bison in the Pro League.  Good luck gents.  I'll be rooting for me. ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Marty Ward

Quote from: Steelgrave on December 16, 2014, 09:21:29 PM

Well, my point was that this is the second or even third season for everyone, so calling it the Rookie League seems odd. As for checking leagues once a season, playing actively in both leagues (as you are) I've only seen a very few instances where it seemed a team was dead sticking it, but that's happened in both leagues.

If we ran our leagues like they do the soccer leagues in Europe I would have dropped a division or two in both leagues! I'm ok with calling it the Rookie league, it gives me something to aspire to :)
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Bison

MetalDog

Looks like I am going to be 1 & 1 in championship games.  Just not so happy that the one I am going to lose is to Bison :(  I'm never going to hear the end of it.  Congrats, Bison.  I'll get you next time.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Yeah to be honest I didn't think I had a chance when I saw the early numbers Brees was putting up and the fact that Murray was not certain to get a lot of play time.

Anyway great season gentlemen!

Steelgrave

LOL, my starting QB, Andrew Luck, has been money in the bank alllll season....until the playoffs. He let me down with a mere (for him) 16 points last week but topped it this week with a whole 2.36 points. And no, I didn't misplace a decimal. My 10-3 record in the rookie league will buy me a Starbucks provided I have a fiver with that  O0

Funny thing is that in the Pro League I had both Luck and Romo, kept Romo on the bench all season. Now Romo is hotter than the chick Brady goes home to each night and Luck is making RGIII look good.

Good season in both leagues, guys. Lots of close games and well-earned victories.

Bison

Metaldog just let me know if you want a copy of my sig line image, ok?