Grogheads Fantasy Football 2014 Season

Started by Bison, July 14, 2014, 08:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

I find this whole yahoo meltdown to be crap.  I thought about migrating over to ESPN but didn't to preserve the historical data attached to both the rookie and pro leagues.  Now we get this crap.  At best gents is we can lock in a time for tomorrow evening.

Steelgrave

Quote from: Bison on August 31, 2014, 07:02:28 PM
I find this whole yahoo meltdown to be crap.  I thought about migrating over to ESPN but didn't to preserve the historical data attached to both the rookie and pro leagues.  Now we get this crap.  At best gents is we can lock in a time for tomorrow evening.

Beats auto drafting.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Well they are migrating draft times now, but at this point I don't know when it'll happen.  I guess I can ping people on Steam if the time is reset, but not how well or fair that will work out.  Since apparently more people intended to be on the live draft than I though would be attending.

Marty Ward

I like ESPN a lot better than Yahoo.

Maybe next season we can move there is Yahoo stays f'd up. We can always agree who drafts their keepers and in what round if necessary. It's not like we are playing for a $1,000.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Bison

OK.  The draft has been reset to occur live tomorrow night at 615 PM CST.

Bison

Quote from: Marty Ward on August 31, 2014, 07:28:57 PM

I like ESPN a lot better than Yahoo.

Maybe next season we can move there is Yahoo stays f'd up. We can always agree who drafts their keepers and in what round if necessary. It's not like we are playing for a $1,000.

I don't mind ESPN, but when I originally setup the league at the other site a few years ago I had extremely limited bandwidth and ESPN is covered with linked advertisements and such that it'd take me 20 minutes to refresh or change pages on the site.

KyzBP

Thanks for putting your time into this Bison.  We all seem to be pretty rational people here so as long as we have players come Thursday we should be ok.

MetalDog

Unless something changes, looks like I am out for the evening.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

Perhaps there are alternatives to Yahoo, NFL, and ESPN out there that can be run using separate software. I know that would cost, but perhaps that could be mitigated by each owner splitting it - that is if only one is needed, by the commissioner.

I looked into it briefly once and there are options out there. Just not certain how they all work or what the costs involved are.

In the end, free is a pretty good deal, even if you have to deal with BS like Yahoo's server issues.

Bison

Bison

Banzai Cat had the highest rated draft with a B+.  We'll see how well that plays out starting Thursday night.  Good luck to all of the Pro League managers.

Bison

Rookie League managers:  The auto draft is set to go for tonight.  Your team rosters should be available for you to weep over sometime tomorrow.

Steelgrave

Oddly enough, my draft report card says I took Peyton Manning, DeMarco Murray, Phillip Rivers and DeSean Jackson....none of whom I chose or who are on my roster.

Yahoo seems glitchy this year. I hope they hold up.

BanzaiCat

Uhm...well...

QuotePicking last in the draft, Wild E's Coyotes delivered a team that even a spurned ex would have to appreciate. Taking advantage of a draft position some may deem unfavorable, they're projected to finish in the top spot of Grogheads Pro League with a record of 11-2-0 (1,372 points). They went with a balanced approach early, selecting QB Aaron Rodgers (24th overall), RB Alfred Morris (40th), WR Demaryius Thomas (9th), and TE Jimmy Graham (8th) within the first five rounds. They ended up with the most prolific TE duo in the league, as they added Graham and Dennis Pitta.

Yahoo's smoking the reefer, because I don't have any of those bolded players it says I do.  ???