Discuss GrogCast Episode 12!

Started by bayonetbrant, May 26, 2015, 07:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

We take a whirlwind tour through modern tank warfare, Brant's man-crush on Dawn's Early Light, Warhammer 40K, and Order of Battle: Pacific.  This episode is fun-sized for your portable enjoyment!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Nicely done!  I liked the abbreviated format.  Don't get me wrong, I like it when we all stretch out and pontificate on the things that we like, but, a concise package like this episode is appreciated as well.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

Quote from: MetalDog on May 26, 2015, 07:48:30 PM
Nicely done!  I liked the abbreviated format.  Don't get me wrong, I like it when we all stretch out and pontificate on the things that we like, but, a concise package like this episode is appreciated as well.

FTFY

Just training for the end pieces of each GrogCast. :)

MetalDog

I studiously try not to post anything you boys can misconstrue or use in any way.  I see that I have failed.

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on May 26, 2015, 09:01:40 PM
I studiously try not to post anything you boys can misconstrue or use in any way.  I see that I have failed.

Don't beat yourself up, we're experts at misconstruing things.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

MetalDog

Airborne Rifles

I've been eyeing Dawns Early Light. Might need to put that on the Christmas list.

Mr. Bigglesworth

Good episode. JH's opinion of Games Workshop was a bullseye. I think it is natural for young gamers to try tabletop. When you get older it is natural to switch to digital as friends move appart and responsibilities pile up.

GW does some really good stuff with their storytelling. Their world come alive. Unless you hate RTS, you shpuld yry the old DoW series.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on May 27, 2015, 10:20:32 PM
I've been eyeing Dawns Early Light. Might need to put that on the Christmas list.

you won't be able to hold out that long ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 28, 2015, 05:30:38 AM
Quote from: Airborne Rifles on May 27, 2015, 10:20:32 PM

you won't be able to hold out that long ;)

Nor should he. It's a great game.

Tuna

Great stuff, just listened to them all in the last 5 days.. Lots of great content.. Brant and Mike excellent job running the show, it moves along smoothly with you guys at the helm! You guys are real 'pros'!  O0

mirth

Tuna

Will have to find that darn "Front Page" again to see.. so elusive!

mirth

Yeah, I already checked. It's not there. Stupid no-new-podcast-having front page!  >:(