Field of Glory: Empires

Started by -budd-, November 20, 2018, 10:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

Pocus from Ageod about the new game:

"This is still an Ageod game! It is prefixed by Field of Glory, because you can optionally play the best battles in FOG2*, but this remains an option. The game definitively stands on his own and has a lot of AGEOD-esque depth. Plus it's WEGO.

When you will enact the 'Marian reform' historical decision to get better legions so to fight with some chances these annoying Germans who get this problematic woodman ability, then you'll know you are still in an Ageod game."

Ageod game announcement
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

jomni

Quote from: -budd- on November 20, 2018, 03:13:31 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 20, 2018, 02:55:42 PM
Pike and Shot is the same engine as FoG2 right? So that seems like an obvious next choice. Whoever thought of this is my hero of the day.
Different engines, P/S uses the old stub engine, FOG2 uses the new archon engine same as Sanctus Reach. So FOG2 and FOG:Empires use the same engine. The new Close Combat uses the archon engine also, as well as the new Steel Tiger.

And this new AGEOD game uses the same engine too. The new engine is versatile, can do WEGO. I heard it does real time too (Close Combat). AGEOD turn resolution improved according to Pocus. Now 10 seconds compared to a minute.

DennisS

Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 20, 2018, 03:29:25 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 20, 2018, 02:55:42 PM
Whoever thought of this is my hero of the day.

Perhaps they should be awarded the Grogheads Order of the Golden Dongle.

(If that's not a thing it should be)

I won't pay extra for a dongle. I just won't. Even if I lost the first one, and this is a replacement. I bought it, fair and square, and I want it replaced!

WallysWorld

Quote from: jomni on November 20, 2018, 05:50:36 PM
And this new AGEOD game uses the same engine too. The new engine is versatile, can do WEGO. I heard it does real time too (Close Combat). AGEOD turn resolution improved according to Pocus. Now 10 seconds compared to a minute.

I would salivate to get the turn processing time down 90% for Ageod games like To End All Wars with the new engine.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on November 20, 2018, 02:13:17 PM
I do hope it is expanded beyond the ancient era. Pike and Shot/Renaissance Era would be incredible.

What?  No, "Ohmergerd!  We wantzus sum Whirl'd Waur II !!!1 "  demands? 

I'm flabbergasted.

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on November 21, 2018, 06:05:21 PM
I do hope it is expanded beyond the ancient era. Pike and Shot/Renaissance Era would be incredible.

I'm flabbergasted.

With a link to Battle Academy?

sandman2575

I'm flabbergasted.

I've pretty much given up on AGEOD games myself, but if they were ever to release a WW2 game with the scope of To End All Wars, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

SirAndrewD

Ohmergerd!  We wantzus sum Whirl'd Waur II !!!1
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on November 21, 2018, 08:04:24 PM

I'm flabbergasted.

With a link to Battle Academy?

The world isn't enough for 'em.  :))

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Nefaro on November 22, 2018, 12:35:44 PM

Rightfully so.  World War 2 is a horribly neglected subject in gaming. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Nefaro

Quote from: SirAndrewD on November 22, 2018, 12:40:25 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on November 22, 2018, 12:35:44 PM

Rightfully so.  World War 2 is a horribly neglected subject in gaming.

Tragically underrepresented in wargaming especially.

Staggerwing

Game developers should stop wasting our time with all those Pratihara Empire Grand Strategy games and WEGO Boxer Rebellion tacticals so they can concentrate on the woefully neglected air, ground, and naval aspects of WW2's  Eastern, Western, and Pacific theaters. I mean do we really need yet another Polynesian War Dugout sim?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

If this were ever released: 'WEGO Boxer Rebellion tacticals '...it would probably be my favorite game ever.

ERMAGHERD!!!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Staggerwing on November 22, 2018, 09:17:18 PM
Game developers should stop wasting our time with all those Pratihara Empire Grand Strategy games and WEGO Boxer Rebellion tacticals so they can concentrate on the woefully neglected air, ground, and naval aspects of WW2's  Eastern, Western, and Pacific theaters. I mean do we really need yet another Polynesian War Dugout sim?

Hrmm.. well.  I did pick up Conquest Of Paradise on GMT's holiday sale for half off.   :coolsmiley:

The gaming world is so inundated with that topic.  :nerd: