Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skwerl

Diablo III - Started a couple of years ago - got 3/4 of the way through and got stuck.  I picked it back up recently and finally finished it.

Sir Slash

I psyched by the notion of Pillars 2 having, instead of a Stronghold, a customizable in-game ship for you to manage. You are in charge of hiring crew, adding on weapons and other things, and can use it to explore and fight naval battles. If it's close to what they're promising, it should be almost a whole game in itself.  :D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Just realized: Pillars may be Suikoden.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Rayfer

Quote from: Skwerl on February 08, 2018, 04:10:16 PM
Diablo III - Started a couple of years ago - got 3/4 of the way through and got stuck.  I picked it back up recently and finally finished it.

Good for you! I quit on Diablo years ago, after I couldn't come close to beating Diablo 2.  My aging brain couldn't handle the frantic clicking.

Jarhead0331

Well, listening to Gus thrill at the single player campaign in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare gave me the incentive to pick it up again and finally finish the campaign. I had stopped long ago at mission 29 of 31. I knew the end was near, but the game takes up over 100 GB of space and I needed to free some of that up. I reinstalled it on my back-up rig and streamed it to my main system this afternoon, resulting in the spectacular finish. Seriously, even the credits were worth watching (and listening to). I have NEVER sat through the credits of a game, at least as far as I can remember. Fantastic story, fantastic characters, fantastic writing, fantastic graphics, everything was so great. I don't think I've been this moved by a game since Call of Duty Modern Warfare. Hundreds of people made this game possible and its clear that they poured their hearts and souls into it. It really pains me to see how much hate this game gets on the internet. It can't be easy to create something so great over three years of your life, only to have it $hit on by self-entitled, know-it-all, morons on the web for no apparent reason...

Anyway, I appreciate their effort and I hope they continue to make strong single player campaigns like this in the future. I finished it in 10 hours on the nose. Enjoyed every minute.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

Congrats on the win Jar!  :bd:  That always looked like a really tough game to beat.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

Birth of America 2-- a Major Victory in the what-if scenario where King Louis sends additional forces to Canada for Montcalm to go on the offense. I managed to capture Albany on the very last turn of the campaign for the win. I think this is the first big victory I've ever gotten in an AGEOD game instead of the usual minor victories I end-up with. Lots of fun.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Finished my first complete game of Civ VI.  I played as Engerlund on King level, huge world, marathon length.  I was planning on going for a science victory while concentrating on making money but the AI wasn't having it.  I don't understand their rationale but 3-4 times during the game, the other Civs would gang up and two or three would all declare war on me at once even though they were in no shape to do so.  I'd just use my cash to buy units and go and punish one of them for their temerity.  Not sure how it happened but by the 1800s I'd managed to take all the capitals except for Paris and Rome.  I developed stealth bombers and decided I might as well go for a domination victory.  Three stealth bombers, a few barrages from a pair of battleships, and a modern armoured corps knocking at the door does wonders for a change of management in a capital city.  Rome and Paris fell very easily and that was all she wrote.  I enjoyed it well enough but I think I like Civ V better at this point.  Going to get into the new Stellaris next.

I ran into a bug involving bombers and carriers.  If I used bombers or stealth bombers from a carrier, the bombers would get locked to the sea hex where the carrier was located.  Even if I moved my carrier, the bombers would stay locked to the sea hex and I'd have to re-base them to a city and then back to the carrier if I wanted them to be able to move again.

MetalDog

Congrats on the win!  I just heard about a new mod called Caveman to Cosmos.  JH was fiddling around with it the other night and I am waiting for a report back on how he liked it.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bbmike

1st Space victory in Civilization 6! Georgia wasn't far behind but I completed the Mars mission first. This is the first computer game I have actually played to completion in a long, long time. This was also the very first game I started with the Rise and Fall expansion pack. I usually keep starting over after a new DLC drops but Rise and Fall has brought that "just one more turn" feeling back for me. Rise and Fall is an awesome expansion.  O0

Oh, and this is also my first post in this thread!

Here's the ending screenies:

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Huw the Poo

Quote from: bbmike on February 25, 2018, 06:08:41 PM
This is the first computer game I have actually played to completion in a long, long time.

That's a great feeling isn't it?  Congratulations!

airboy

JasonPratt

Teddy would be proud! -- and also would make Mars a national park (and go shoot things there).  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!