Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

i am a free spirit - walking the earth, label less, and mysterious

Staggerwing

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 22, 2013, 05:34:43 PM
i am a free spirit - walking the earth, label less, and mysterious

:o Simon Templar, is that you?!?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: bob48 on August 22, 2013, 05:27:10 PM
Talking of avatars, Geek - aint it about time you got one?

When you're name is undercovergeek, an avatar is unnecessary.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

OMGs! Depeche Mode's 'Just cant get enough' just come up on my Pandora feed and Bill Murray's hip-shake is in almost perfect time to the song!

EDIT: I just realized that someone perusing this thread long after Mirth changes his avvie is going to be really confused...

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

mirth

Oh I'm not changing this one. It's not possible to improve on it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Bison

Quote from: Windigo on August 22, 2013, 04:31:25 PM
Quote from: mirth on August 22, 2013, 04:23:37 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on August 22, 2013, 12:53:46 PM
Let's go easy on the Jesus memes. Some folks take issue with that.

Some people need to lighten up a little then.

Should we go no holds bar?  I'm f'n game, but don't bitch when it gets personal.

BanzaiCat

LOL

to the last page and a half or so

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on August 22, 2013, 04:23:37 PMSome people need to lighten up a little then.
Mirth, chill.  We don't need to be insulting anyone's religion. Just because you can find 1 person of that faith who is amused doesn't mean they're all OK with it. 

Quote from: mirth on August 22, 2013, 04:54:05 PMThat question is more loaded than I currently am.
Things not to do drunk: drive, text, hit on Sammy Hagar, post questionably-funny things to forums and then confront people over them ;)

Quote from: Bison on August 22, 2013, 06:53:07 PMShould we go no holds bar?  I'm f'n game, but don't bitch when it gets personal.
No need to go all Charles Bronson on anyone.  We've got an abundance of mods that can step in and handle the issue.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Seriously guys, lighten up. I don't think posting a couple of stupid Internet pics is meant as insult to anyone's faith. And I don't mean any particular belief system. We're all big boys here. If we're worried about being PC, we should shut down half the forum.

Bison

I'd say stupid, while an apt word, doesn't actually describe the intent of the humor.  The humor, if you call it that or find it such, is exactly designed to insult faith.  Just as similar humor was used in Germany during the 1930's was specifically designed to insult and demonize Jews.  It's cool.  Post away and laugh it up.  I'll just take note of another section here at grogheads not to visit, because I wouldn't want to interrupt the fun.

mirth

Quote from: Bison on August 22, 2013, 08:43:06 PM
I'd say stupid, while an apt word, doesn't actually describe the intent of the humor.  The humor, if you call it that or find it such, is exactly designed to insult faith.  Just as similar humor was used in Germany during the 1930's was specifically designed to insult and demonize Jews.  It's cool.  Post away and laugh it up.  I'll just take note of another section here at grogheads not to visit, because I wouldn't want to interrupt the fun.

Well I know it's a full moon when we're comparing the pics for a laugh thread to the Holocaust. I'm out at this point. I didn't post the pics you find so offensive and I apology for raising the issue. There are plenty of things posted on these forums that people can freak out over. I mistakenly thought most of us were cool enough to get along and kid with each other.

Windigo

Quote from: mirth on August 22, 2013, 08:49:33 PM
Quote from: Bison on August 22, 2013, 08:43:06 PM

Well I know it's a full moon when we're comparing the pics for a laugh thread to the Holocaust. I'm out at this point. I didn't post the pics you find so offensive and I apology for raising the issue. There are plenty of things posted on these forums that people can freak out over. I mistakenly thought most of us were cool enough to get along and kid with each other.

I don't go into pissed off mode when LB insults my religion  :-)

I just get all evangelical on his ass

Praise be to Michael Mann and pass the tree seedlings
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Staggerwing

Redacted. for now...

Steelgrave

I'm a Deist who at one time was a licensed Baptist minister and deacon. One size does not fit all.

Yet I will still mock Michael Mann   8)

Windigo

Quote from: Steelgrave on August 22, 2013, 09:42:35 PM
I'm a Deist who at one time was a licensed Baptist minister and deacon. One size does not fit all.

Yet I will still mock Michael Mann   8)

His works and theories have fewer logic holes in it than yours.... just saying      :P
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.