Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

Damn. I was hoping to keep it a secret.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

he may live up north but hes a southern midlands softie - that diet would be too rich and complicated for his girlie southern tastes

bob48

'Clip those corners'

undercovergeek

ill bring a stick when i come to Gloing Towers one day

LongBlade

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 20, 2013, 01:53:03 PM
he may live up north but hes a southern midlands softie - that diet would be too rich and complicated for his girlie southern tastes

Normally the further south you get the richer and spicier the food. Not so in the UK?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

undercovergeek

Quote from: LongBlade on July 20, 2013, 02:42:27 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on July 20, 2013, 01:53:03 PM

Normally the further south you get the richer and spicier the food. Not so in the UK?

theres a stereotype that the south is more refined than the north - traditionally from all the Northerners farming, milling and mining while all the southerners ponced about selling land and stocks and shares. Consequently theres a perception that in the North we only eat pies, chips, gravy and lard, whilst we think everyone in the South is a southern prawn eating softy who cant drink their beer - shandy drinking poofs

GDS_Starfury

we thought the lot of ya just ate fish and chips.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Staggerwing

Don't be so quick to stereotype, Star. They also have an entire food group know as 'Pudding'...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 20, 2013, 03:41:08 PM

we all eat, only a few know how to cook it properly

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 20, 2013, 03:49:09 PM
Don't be so quick to stereotype, Star. They also have an entire food group know as 'Pudding'...

savoury or sweet?

GDS_Starfury

they also have a food group known as beer.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Staggerwing

Quote from: undercovergeek on July 20, 2013, 03:51:54 PM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 20, 2013, 03:41:08 PM

we all eat, only a few know how to cook it properly

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 20, 2013, 03:49:09 PM

savoury or sweet?

Exactly!

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Staggerwing

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 20, 2013, 03:52:18 PM
they also have a food group known as beer.

that's not a food group, that is a Way of Life.

undercovergeek

steak and kidney pudding - awesome

yorkshire pudding - like jesus came down and cooked something

treacle pudding - doesnt come finer, except maybe suet based jam roly poly

bob48

Now yer talking real grub Geek.

You wait till you get up here mate. Mrs.B will do you traditional Sunday Roast Beef Dinner, complete with Yorkshire pudding, Jersey mint potato's, fresh garden peas and other stuff. Followed by one of her special milky, buttery rice puds with golden syrup in it, innit.

ps, will you be at home on Monday night, 'casue we'll be down your neck of the woods.

'Clip those corners'

LongBlade

Quote from: bob48 on July 20, 2013, 05:16:03 PM
Now yer talking real grub Geek.

You wait till you get up here mate. Mrs.B will do you traditional Sunday Roast Beef Dinner, complete with Yorkshire pudding, Jersey mint potato's, fresh garden peas and other stuff. Followed by one of her special milky, buttery rice puds with golden syrup in it, innit.

ps, will you be at home on Monday night, 'casue we'll be down your neck of the woods.

Folks, I think we've lost them. Bob mentioned eating jam with rolly pollys in it. We might need to start shipping them food like we did during the war.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.